DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Perfect Case For Me And Only $350.00 Later.

mfarris2

Reactions
At last,.....the perfect case for myself. And only $350.00 later.
Now I know that the whole idea behind the Mavic is portability. But I do not like having everything I need for a hobby scattered. So I found that I continued to need a bigger case.
I first purchased the Fly More kit through Amazon. At the same time I purchased this case for $55.00.

Amazon.com: Carrying Case for DJI Mavic Pro And Accessories - Waterproof, Compact, Durable and Lightweight: Camera & Photo

It was a hard case but barely any larger than the soft case that comes with the Fly More kit. Then someone on this forum recommended a case from Germany. It is made by a company called MC Cases.

Professional Carry Case for DJI Mavic Pro - Explorer Edition

Now this was a really well built case,...and almost large enough for myself. But the imperative word is "almost."
So I searched some more and found this case made by Monoprice.

Weatherproof Polypropylene Case w/Customizable Foam- Wheels & Telescoping Handle | eBay
Luckily, the Monoprice case and the MC Case were pretty much identical in width. So I could take the pre-cut foam from the MC-Case and put it directly into the Monoprice case after removing 2 sheets of the pluck foam.
The remaining width gave me the extra area I needed to get the rest of the accessories I wanted in the case.
And the extra depth gave me the the room to slip my iPad Mini 4 into the case.
In the new case I have the Mavic. The Controller. A set of 4 UV lens/filters. 2 sets of spare props. A landing skid. A set of leg extenders. Cables galore. Both DC and A/C charger with 4 battery charging hub. 3 batteries. (One on Mavic and 2 in case.) iPad Mini 4 and Sunshade. Mav Mount with a Joby Grip Tight Mount for Small Tablets attached to the Mav Mount. Also original Mav Mount small tablet holder.
As stated this case might be a bit large for some of you,....but when I want to take a trip,.....I want to be able to grab one case and go.

Attachments

• IMG_2226.jpg
    IMG_2226.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2227.JPG
    IMG_2227.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2228.JPG
    IMG_2228.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2229.JPG
    IMG_2229.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2230.jpg
    IMG_2230.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2232.jpg
    IMG_2232.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 129
Looks good. But what about the Mavics easy transport? Was that not its selling point?

Reactions: Gary cato
I could see transporting the mavic in that hard case if you're going via a boat or something... but that last case is what I used for my last drone and it was a HUGE waste of money.. the thing is so big it's like a suitcase... I'm with the mavic for everything that is opposite!

Reactions: halley
I did not buy the Mavic due to it's portability. I actually purchased it due to it's features. Seemed to be the hottest thing out there. If I had to do it again,...I'm pretty sure I would be flying a P4P+. But I really have been pretty lucky and have not had any issues with the Mavic other than picture quality compared to a 20MP camera.
Again,.....this case is not for everyone. But I like having EVERYTHING in one place.

I too have been lucky so far as to avoid the "common" issues. I'm in the same boat as you are as to why I bought it. Sorry if it sounded like I crapped on your case. It is great, especially if it works for your needs.

I understand the reason for a big case, especially if you're going to vacation on a trip. So I have a pelican that holds everything, including the Mavmount etc. but for day-to-day flying I have a very, small pelican case that I love, it's about 11 x 11"......both cases together were about 175

Reactions: mfarris2
I too have been lucky so far as to avoid the "common" issues. I'm in the same boat as you are as to why I bought it. Sorry if it sounded like I crapped on your case. It is great, especially if it works for your needs.

Not to worry. As I said,....it's not for everyone. But the last case would not hold my charger and multiple battery block. So if I traveled I had to carry two cases or go with just the three batteries. Now I can carry or roll everything. So although big,......I am pleased.

Here my case from Harbor Fright for $27 holds My MP, three batteries, controller, parabolic dish, six propellers, chargers and cords.60261529931__C084C7E7-339A-4898-8BA7-77E9CE7DF077.JPG60261529931__C084C7E7-339A-4898-8BA7-77E9CE7DF077.JPG60261529931__C084C7E7-339A-4898-8BA7-77E9CE7DF077.JPG

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas