DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 The Quirang, Trottrnish Peninsula, Skye - October 2023 - 4K DJI AIR3

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
The iconic Quirang on Skye, in unseasonably beautiful weather!

We were blessed with amazing weather during our Skye trip last week, and took full advatage! The Quirang is a landlsip on the Trotternish Peninsula that is still moving an inch a year towards the sea. Filled with amazing rock formations and with far reaching views to Lewis and Harris and over the mainland, and given the amazing visibility we could see for miles and miles...

TOAL was in the hills below, just outside the SSSI, but as the SSSI is for geology you can safely fly, although watch out for the Golden Eagles, we had 3 circling close by at one point...

Truly one of the best hikes I've ever done. Just a fantastic place.
It is an awesome place, going back next summer, fingers crossed we get good weather for flying next time :)

Amazing somewhere so rugged can be such a beautiful place. Really well done...as usual. The music real fit well also.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Amazing somewhere so rugged can be such a beautiful place. Really well done...as usual. The music real fit well also.
Thanks, it is a stunning area, lots more to edit still yet :)

Reactions: Prop Wash
Beautiful video! Makes me want to go back next year.
Glad it was enjpyed, you never know, we may see you up there, 2 trips planned so far :)

What do you mean fingers crossed? Every trip up here in Scotland sees you blessed with good weather. :cool::D Great video clip!
Lol, thanks... shh, people may think I have some power over the weather - couldnt be further from the truth, we have just been lucky - and flown at every opportunity! We did have 1 day on Skye, 2 days in Drumnadrochit and 2 days on Orkney that we couldnt fly for the rain, and we have chanced it with the wind a few times - but I am not complaining - I really thought that Skye and Lewis/Harris would be real problems in October, but thankfully I was proven wrong :)

One day I’ll get there!
A great place to visit, which will be all the more savoured for the anticipation and effort to do so... For us its a 9 hour drive, which in the UK is an extremely .long way, but thaty drive takes in soo much beauty that it is overwhelming...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne