DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The RC community here is alive and thriving!

InterstateP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
So I finally made the trip out to Flushing Meadow Corona Park today. It is one of only 5 designated places in the immediate NYC area. I was just trying get my MA2 in the air for the first time since getting it and I was really pleasantly surprised with how vibrant the RC community was there! On one side of the designated field was group of FPV flyers, on the near side (where I was) were 4 other Mavic flyers, two with Mavic Pros one with a Mavic 2 Pro and another with a Mavic Air. There were also two fixed wing flyers and just outside the fencing of the flight area was a group of RC car enthusiasts. Everyone seemed to know one another for the most part and the ages were all over the board. I kind of observed and let people do their thing for a bit, so I could get a feel for the lay of the land but was immediately approached by an older gentleman asking what I was flying and showing interest in the wrap I had on it. Really friendly group of folks over there, with many coming from RC copters and a few with 20+ years of flight experience. Just wanted to share that I had a really good experience and even exchanged information with a couple of folks out there and it really made me feel better about the local community at large because I was feeling like an outlier because of the restrictive nature of flying in the area. Apparently they are out there every weekend when the weather is flight-worthy. I hope someone can find use with this information and join the rest of the decent folks out there.

Fun hobby. Easy to get hooked on these flying cameras.
Have fun and post some pics of the field please.

I'm surprised they have a designated area so close to LA Guardia airport. I would think Cunningham Park would be a better candidate. I used to fly kites and launch model rockets from Cunningham.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe