DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The RE Goggles are Wonderful

Banned

Reactions
Head tracking allows you to do so much more.

Everyone try it. Its kind of a big deal.

Ahh, this is the first I'm hearing of the RE goggles. Just looked at the specs and watched the video, thanks @msinger.

I'm confused. Exactly what is it you're getting for an extra $150? (The regular DJI goggles do head-tracking flight and head-tracking gimbal control, which I thoroughly enjoy.)

The option to buy an additional occusync camera so that you can mount that on something else and then view that through the goggles? Was there a big demand for this that I wasn't aware of?

Lower lag-time for racing your mavic/phantom/inspire? Who races these?

Prettier black color and red padding? It does look cool. But not $150 cool.

What am I missing? Is there anyone here that is seriously looking at these and if so, what will you use them for?

I don't think that DJI is stupid, so surely there must be a market for these that I'm totally oblivious to.

I love my DJI goggles, and wouldn't mind upgrading at all if I was given a decent reason to.

The big differences are

A: they now support Analog FPV as well as the Mavic via Ocusync , so the usual 5.8Ghz System for standard race drones.

B: built in DVR Recording of both Analog FPV and the New Ocusync Air System.

C: New stand-alone Ocusync Air System supported, this new system allows you to fit the Digital FPV System to any car, boat or aircraft and use the DJI Google’s, so rather than Analog you can use the digital HD system upto 960P

It’s also got extremely low latency in digital mode, confirmed at 50ms by my self and others on the bench.

Reactions: Banned

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid