DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The rear status lights never turn on

Reactions
The rear status lights never turn on, but the aircraft operates normally. What can it be?

Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0511
Remote Controller: v02.00.1200
DJI Fly App Android: v1.2.2

Reactions: E90RAW
The rear status lights never turn on, but the aircraft operates normally. What can it be?

Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0511
Remote Controller: v02.00.1200
DJI Fly App Android: v1.2.2
You probably turned them off accidentally. The front left side button I believe will turn on and off, or it may be I custom made mine do it. Just go into your SC menu under the controller picture and I believe that's where you adjust the status light and the night time LED. I would custom fit your buttons to something you will remember and not accidently hit.

You probably turned them off accidentally. The front left side button I believe will turn on and off, or it may be I custom made mine do it. Just go into your SC menu under the controller picture and I believe that's where you adjust the status light and the night time LED. I would custom fit your buttons to something you will remember and not accidently hit.

Mavic Air 2 does not allow you to configure the status lights, only night LED :/

I find it a bit odd that neither work (I am assuming there are two) I can imagine one perhaps going but not both, I would suspect that it is something else but which is common to both. (Not that that helps in any great way).
Did anything change or happen between flights 15 & 16?

I find it a bit odd that neither work (I am assuming there are two) I can imagine one perhaps going but not both, I would suspect that it is something else but which is common to both. (Not that that helps in any great way).
Did anything change or happen between flights 15 & 16?
They are the same two. I took a flight at a high altitude location and gave an altitude limit warning message even though I was only 30 meters from the height of takeoff. I did the calibration again. The aircraft is in normal operation.

Ahh maybe what I wrote did not 'translate' well.
I meant I would find it odd that two 'newish' LEDs would in independantly fail simultaneously. I would suspect that something else has failed or changed that is common to both the non flashing LEDs e.g. a common 'power supply', ground or signal creator etc.

Reactions: E90RAW and A.O.
Ahh maybe what I wrote did not 'translate' well.
I meant I would find it odd that two 'newish' LEDs would in independantly fail simultaneously. I would suspect that something else has failed or changed that is common to both the non flashing LEDs e.g. a common 'power supply', ground or signal creator etc.
Exactly. I agree with you.

During the firmware reinstallation, the rear LEDs lit up. But when restarting the aircraft, it stopped lighting.

View attachment 120904

I'm sure you've already said WTF?

But at least we know the LED's are not burnt out and that there is a complete circuit electrically, but something is not communicating within the aircraft.

The status lights are important to have as they can tell you things about the aircraft by the flash patterns it provides.

I looked in the manual and there's NOTHING about no status lights.

It may need a trip to DJI for a diagnosis if communicating with them doesn't resolve the issue.

Something is not right. ?

I sure did say that! ?

Mavic air 2 status LEDs dead on rear legs. Anyone have a solution please.
Hi yes this is caused by dji latest firmware, luckily for me i backed up my parameter settings a couple of weeks ago before the firmware update so when i lost my status lights i loaded my saved parameter file and all back working now, im happy to share this drop me an email if you would like my parameter file and help loading it. contact me direct [email protected]

Last edited:
Hi yes this is caused by dji latest firmware, luckily for me i backed up my parameter settings a couple of weeks ago before the firmware update so when i lost my status lights i loaded my saved parameter file and all back working now, im happy to share this drop me an email if you would like my parameter file and help loading it. contact me direct [email protected]
I have mavic air 2 and after recent update I have the same problem. did you manage to solve friend?Everything you did I did. I used the Dji assistant 2 mavic, during the update the rear leds turn yellow and when it finishes it turns green, but if I turn off the drone and turn it on again, the problem returns, leds turned off.

I have mavic air 2 and after recent update I have the same problem. did you manage to solve friend?Everything you did I did. I used the Dji assistant 2 mavic, during the update the rear leds turn yellow and when it finishes it turns green, but if I turn off the drone and turn it on again, the problem returns, leds turned off.
OK to make things easy here is the fix for lights not working simply download and follow instructions:

Yes wallsheep. Thanks to saturnone it's back to normal. Dji was not helpful and seems they don't believe me that they have a glitch in the AC firmware. There should be a couple of people with this problem. Luckily for us saturnone came to our rescue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowyerv