DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thermal imager system

If you have a spare drone, this might be interesting:

Lady R: That was a very interesting video and it obviously makes me wonder if this IR filter is a common practice with camera manufacturers. If so, it sure SEEMS like it would be feasible. Thanks.

If you have a spare drone, this might be interesting:

Apart from that FLIR makes some add on thermal imagers for mobiles. There is even a CAT phone which comes with one integrated...
These are not night vision, you are just making camera sensitive to IR light only and you will need IR iluminators to light up the night sky ..so big difference in IR sensitivity, Night vision and Thermal. Thermal is another range in the IR or electromagnetic frequency. I actually own a thermal imager for my Android phone and its quite powerful and its not a FLIR for phone way more powerful.. Flir does have 2 small Imagers , Tau Boson
. And one other Flir , little bigger , just search Flir and Mavic (model)...

Reactions: NoScreenNamesLeft
Hey guys!

How do you use the thermal imager setting on the mavic 2 pro?
Probably about 30 seconds in a microwave oven, blasting at full power, should produce a "perfect" single thermal image on your M2P Hasselblad. Don't think DJI will uphold your claim for a FOC replacement aircraft though. :oops:
As I think someone else has suggested, 10 - 13 grand will get you a thermal camera compatible with an Inspire series aircraft. Buy both and hang on to your M2P.
Happy frying - (Sorry. I meant flying)Thumbswayup

I'm pretty that aviation rules - and law - world wide generally prohibit UAV night flying. Official hours of darkness don't apply in the middle of an Antarctica summer though!

img_1929_d9c0b6ce0259905828b27683845a667c500d170a.gif

Hmm.. autolandings may be awkward and a prop issue, but I like that they can look down to see the display. Need wire leg extenders...

Wow.... Comments like this.. These are the people that think the trees swaying back and forth make the wind blow... There are a million needed reasins to fly at night. Here is one. Security patrol on a 22 acre property dealing with ( Mod Removed)drug addict loser homeless stealing from your business...in some cases hourly...in all cases daily... Smash and grabs, assault... And cops do nothing due to the current attitudes from people who make idiotic comments like this. With video/pics from a drone following tresspassers it allows the cops to be called then directed to the exact location of the thieves running away. They always get caught not wasting police time... You should always request a call back from police so you can guide them to target. By providing police with video it forces them to deal with the homeless. At the very least they have to (Tresspass them) They have to ID them and run them through the system. 9 out of 10 times these guys have warrants... Then they have to arrest them. Understand, law enforcement will hardly ever arrest a homeless thief or even one that has assaulted, beat down someone to steal for thier drug habit. They have no jobs, no money, and huge drug habit that they only need 10 bucks a week for all the heroin they need. Doing nightly patrols around a property and catching these people before they can commit crimes against you..... Is this not a good reason to fly at night with night vision?
You realize you brought a thread back from over a year ago.?

Hey guys!

How do you use the thermal imager setting on the mavic 2 pro?
You need to first buy the Enterprise Dual, it has a thermal camera... Pretty cool

1589237079946.png
1589237119229.png

You need to first buy the Enterprise Dual, it has a thermal camera... Pretty cool

It wasn't released when this thread was created though and the user above has necro'd this thread simply to have a rant, since it's a bit confusing it might be best to lock the topic due to the change in Mavic 2 thermal solutions after the thread was originally finished.

Last year there was a FLIR unit that was mounted on the Mavic. Can't remember the model or which group had it posted. But it is possible to run a FLIR unit on the Mavic, just not one of the better units and not the most efficient.
the mavic 2 enterprise series has a Dual model with a flir thermal and regular camera which is 5000$+.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure