DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thermal Shutdown?

Kate

Reactions
I was flying MP today, and got a different kind of "Retuning to Land" warning, in Litchi, which I could not override once i had signal reestablished. The only variable was RTH had initiated whilst battery was low, beeping that is.

Im sure ive cancelled RTH's with low battery before.
the blue box still said "tap to cancel"

Anyway to the point it was over 90 degrees.
and when MP got down she was too hot to touch. was also covered in bee guts, but slaughtering
horny bees is not uncommon here.

Ive had esc's shut down in this heat all the time, so it seemed maybe a cause, no?

The underside of the MP is a heatsink and this is normal, but to work it must be kept clean. The motors should be warn to the touch.

Check motor temperatures after every flight, the four motors should be the same, if not you may have a problem.

The underside of the MP is a heatsink and this is normal, but to work it must be kept clean. The motors should be warn to the touch.

Check motor temperatures after every flight, the four motors should be the same, if not you may have a problem.
Actually the motors can get quite hot in normal operation.

I was flying MP today, and got a different kind of "Retuning to Land" warning, in Litchi, which I could not override once i had signal reestablished. The only variable was RTH had initiated whilst battery was low, beeping that is.

Im sure ive cancelled RTH's with low battery before.
the blue box still said "tap to cancel"

Anyway to the point it was over 90 degrees.
and when MP got down she was too hot to touch. was also covered in bee guts, but slaughtering
horny bees is not uncommon here.

Ive had esc's shut down in this heat all the time, so it seemed maybe a cause, no?
It sounds like the air vent is clogged. You might need to clean it out.

gave it a good clean. will see what happens next flight
19 mins flying in sport mode and the swarm may have made MP sweat *shrug*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Slater: Are you saying these bees eat plastic?
Brad Crane: These bees, General, are of joint concern, and they are killing Americans, without reference as to whether or not they have a serial number and are expected to salute you! So there will be no air drops of any kind until I give the OK.

I am really curious how my Mavic will handle summer temperatures, given the fact how warm the aircraft and battery get when flying nowadays, early spring, at 7-9 degrees Centigrades. Maybe users from the orher hemisphere (NZ or Australia) might give us feedback on this.

I am really curious how my Mavic will handle summer temperatures, given the fact how warm the aircraft and battery get when flying nowadays, early spring, at 7-9 degrees Centigrades. Maybe users from the orher hemisphere (NZ or Australia) might give us feedback on this.
I was flying my drone in hot, humid weather on the Islands of Thailand, and it was just fine.

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe153