DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Things I hate about Mavic 2 and still have it since I bought 1st gen drone

Will Falcon

Reactions
There is only one thing I really don't like about my Mavic Air: I tried to get it to bring me my coffee in the morning but it didn't work out :(

Now to be serious again: I changed the reactionsettings of my sticks, that helped me to avoid the "robotic moves" you consider to be a problem. I still do have the "jumping moves" when I push the sticks to the extrem, but the softer I move, the softer the MA moves.

Now, I'm still more focused how to fly -I have to get used to the small drone after flying a Nova X350 before- but looking at the footage I got untill now, I think it works okay this way.

Still hate it since that post: I hate cinematic mode at this moment

Recently I was trying to move my stick as much gently and smoothly as I can but...

I HATE THIS ROBOTIC MOVEMENTS
DJI why you didn't make it exponential?
All the movements, yaw, pitch, roll, camera, zoom, are JERKY, robotic-like.
Tripod mode? Really?
Tripod mode just slow my light down but it STILL ROBOTIC.
DJI... I don't know what to say more.
View attachment 75712
View attachment 75713
Still very nice viewing...and flying..!

I bought longer joysticks. This has give me more control my video seems smoother. Or I’m just getting better at it

I bought longer joysticks. This has give me more control my video seems smoother. Or I’m just getting better at it
Go on YouTube. Com check out 51 drones mavic pro settings stop getting terrible footage is the videos name I know it's for the pro but it's the same concept works great ....good luck

Recently I was trying to move my stick as much gently and smoothly as I can but...

Tripod mode? Really?
View attachment 75712
View attachment 75713
Check out his suggestions:

Tripod mode? Really?
View attachment 75712
View attachment 75713

I have a thread about this and what you can do about it (Confirmed) Smooth Panning Parameter Hacks for MP, MPP, Mavic 2

Reactions: Will Falcon
My 2 cents worth.

I am seeing jerkyness during the pan and wonder if that is from the GPS adjusting for wind drift. What I am talking about is not during the stop or start of the pan but during the pan itself.

You seem like a descent pilot, have you tried using ATTI mode? You would have to fight whatever wind is present but may get rid of the choppiness during a pan as there is no GPS correction happening. It is not regularly available on the M2P but it can be assigned to the mode switch on the RC so you can switch between GPS and ATTI as needed. Info Here

Check out his suggestions:

Thank you, very nice tutorial. But the problem didn't solved yet. Your settings are nice, but let's try for example to shot sport not landscapes.
This example is very beautiful but VERY SLOW

I need from DJI - fast reaction of stick movement, but Easy-IN Easy-Out starts and stops with no influence to an average rotation speed

Hi, thanks for sharing this. Do u have video examples with that settings? According to my footage in lyfestyle (surfing, sport, etc)
The video I have are all slower then you are looking for but that doesn’t mean you can’t tweak those parameters I suggested above to your liking. I had the same issue you are having and for me the issue was solved by reducing the maximum yaw speed. That yaw_sensitivity_gain parameter is also gonna be key.

Having a slower max yaw speed will enable you to get the control you are looking for and also my theory on this is that you should never have a fast yaw speed and panning speed should be consistent do to the limited frame rate of the Mavic. Instead there are aerial maneuvers you can do to keep your subject in the frame without increasing your panning motion. Drones allow us cinematographers new types of movement never before possible.

You’ll have to excuse my chicken scratch here but hope fully you’ll get the idea.

The blue line is your surfer starting in the right side moving to camera left. The black triangle is the drone, the red line is the drone’s path, and the yellow is the line from drone to subject.

By backing away from the subject and then moving toward the subject and simultaneously rolling with the subject as it moves across to camera left all while panning slowly left we can effectively pan the camera with a fast moving subject without increasing our pan speed. This can be done without the viewer even realizing the camera is moving backwards and forwards because the relative size of the subject in the frame changes so slowly that it’s nearly unnoticeable or even adds a bit of pleasing dynamic camera motion. 75842
Had we stayed stationary in the first location of the drone you can see we would have needed to pan roughly 160 degrees. However, with this maneuver by the last location of then drone we only needed to pan about 45 total degrees without making the viewer aware of our deception. Basically we are leveraging field of view to give the viewer the sense the camera is stationary and panning with a fast moving object while maintaining smooth fluid camera motion. Hopefully this makes sense and my drawing gets the point across

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22 and rfc
Hey Brett! Are you sure my grandaughter didn't do that drawing for you? It sure looks like some of her work. LOL
But seriously, thanks for the info....I actually understood a lot of it and hope it helps out the OP.

The fact that the lens on the Mavic 2 pro has soft corners really gets me.. seriously piss poor performance from a "Hasselblad " Prime lens (fixed focal length)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21