DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Things you can do to Save Battery, Increase Flight time

MavicFT1P

Reactions
Hi
Ok, So I have a Mavic Pro, but this should hold true for all Mavics.

I wondered if the Gurus here could share with us, Any and hopefully every way to increase flight time.
I understand all settings pail compared to how the drone is flown P-Mode/Sport, but I wanted to think outside of the Box
Even if it gains a minute, thats a Triumph.

So if I can just clear one thing up First.

-Does recording affect battery time?. And if so to what degree
-Do the Leds affect battery/Flight time. Im guessing Negligable is the answer here, but every second counts.
-is there any setting in GO you can disable to gain precious electrons? Turning off Obstacle Avoidance & the other sensros perhaps.

So with that minor stuff out of the way. The more important stuff

-Are there Parameters in NLD or Assistant 2 that can let your motors run the most efficient?

-In your experience what settings or setting(s) help the engines to run the most efficient at full throttle? 6m/s, 7, 8?
Is there a perfect mix of Acc/Vel parameters OR are there other engine settings you can change to gain efficency.

-Are there certain weather condtions that will increase efficiency? Wind is obviously the enemy, but thinking out of the box..
Can Mavic Pro see more flight time in Hot, Humid, Cold Weather? I know air density can change depending.

-In regards to Platinum's Extra 3 mins, Do the low noise propellors increase efficiency, and if so at high or low altitude?
Or is it's ESC doing most of the work there to save Juice.

Ok, so Short of Dropping weight ;)
Thats about all I can think of for now

Any Help, Insight would be Appreciated

Do you want to get max flight time or max distance?
For max flight time, fly at a consistent 25 kph in still air.
-Does recording affect battery time?. And if so to what degree
-Do the Leds affect battery/Flight time. Im guessing Negligable is the answer here, but every second counts.
-is there any setting in GO you can disable to gain precious electrons?
Not enough that it makes any difference.
Turning off Obstacle Avoidance & the other sensros perhaps.
For max distance ....
Definitely turn off OA for better distance per battery
Your drone goes faster by increasing the tilt angle but OA can't see ahead properly when the aircraft is tilted too far so OA limits speed.

Switch off OA and fly at just a fraction less than max speed in P=GPS mode for best endurance.
Since it hardly makes any difference and the air is rarely still anyway, you may as well use max speed in P-GPS.

really it is all down to weather conditions and how fast you fly,you are always going to use more battery flying into the wind ,but by the same token you will need less power with the wind,

also hovering is not good for battery life a steady movement provides the best compromise and gentle use of the sticks will aid in this respect,as you will be aware the most power will be required during ascent so limiting the times you need to ascend and descend,will also help with flight time.

with regards to the extra flight time of the MPP it is the ESCs that are providing the most benefit by the way they control the motors

Thanks guys. That's already very helpful.

-I wanted to clear something up. When you get a "Maximum Motor speed reached" are you wasting current if you dont back off
the throttle, or does the ESC realise the Rpms are maxxed and adjust the draw automatically?

-Now this is a bit random, but if your in a straight up ascent from takeoff, just as wind is your enemy..Is there any method that
saves juice? Does it pay to move back and forth now and then, or yaw slowly in one direction or the other?
Basically to get fresh air under the props.

-It's been covered I know, I just wanted to tick the list that In Regards to flight time; the 8331 props are more efficient?
Im tempted to ask at what altitude they are most efficient, and are there alternatives (3 bladed/fixed props, etc), but a yes
they give more flight time works

thx again

Last edited:
Reactions: Texas Mavic
Thanks guys. That's already very helpful.

I wanted to clear something up. When you get a "Maximum Motor speed reached" are you wasting current if you dont back off
the throttle, or does the ESC realise the Rpms are maxxed and adjust the draw automatically?

Now this is a bit random, but if your in a straight up ascent from takeoff, just as wind is your enemy..Is there any method that
saves juice? Does it pay to move back and forth now and then, or yaw slowly in one direction or the other?
Basically to get fresh air under the props.

It's been covered I know, I just wanted to tick the list that In Regards to flight time; the 8331 props are more efficient?
Im tempted to ask at what altitude they are most efficient, and are there alternatives (3 bladed/fixed props, etc), but a yes

thx again
Only answer I can honestly give is that when carrying extra batteries, MAS props are best. I must add that I go in and bump up the max GPS speed to avoid the error messages.

It's been covered I know, I just wanted to tick the list that In Regards to flight time; the 8331 props are more efficient?
DJI's propulsion engineers have already done the work for you and come up with the best all-round props for your machine.
Be cautious with reports suggesting other props are "better".
There are too many variables to account for.

Reactions: MavicFT1P
DJI's propulsion engineers have already done the work for you and come up with the best all-round props for your machine.
Lol... Dji engineers and “trusting” their work is complete? Not me.

Sorry, to clarify when you refer to be cautious reports of better props, you are reffering to Aftermarket propellors (fixed,carbon) yes.
Or were you saying the 8330's were the best all round, and the 8331 arent?

Only answer I can honestly give is that when carrying extra batteries, MAS props are best. I must add that I go in and bump up the max GPS speed to avoid the error messages.

I’m convinced the MAS props produce less noise then the 8331s but I’m really not convinced they increase flight time.

If you have a payload sure that’s different but that changes the physics in lots of ways.

No extra Batteries yet. Ive just spied the MAXX Adaptor Clip, but I like my Mavic's centre of Gravity, etc

EDIt/Digression: Why O Why cant some company make a slightly higher capacity battery.
Make it sit out slightly or have a aerodynamic hump so not to hit the blades. pack 4000mah in there instead of 3830.
Any improvment would sell like hotcakes

I was just watching this. It's only one review
But The MAS props, at least as far as hover outperformed the 8330's by 1:43!

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki