DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Think about buying my first drone today. Air 2 . What are your thoughts?

I got my MA2 today, but too windy to fly. UAV forecast shows ther may be a short window of time tomorrow. At least i got batteries charged, so I’ll be ready.
Great news, box still close. I'm watching all the MA2 on YouTube. I want to make sure I'm not going to implode my 800.00 dollar bird. I know that there are a bunch of apps that will enhance my flying experience for example Kitty Hawk. Let me know what other apps you'll recommend or anything else that I should be aware off before my maiden voyage. What video editing software do you recommend? I kinda know what my first recommendation is going to be. Joe open the dang box. Let him free. Its 2.32 in the morning. I haven't slept since I bought this dang contraption. I here voices and see dead people.

Last edited:
The early M2 batteries particularly had issues, especially if you often kept them fully charged in the trunk of your car on a Florida summer day.

But I've kept my replacements in the house unless I'm going to fly. If I'm not going directly to a flight location and it's a warm day, I keep them in a small cooler. After a year, no swelling.

Reactions: Jrosa55
It lasted one day on the market place. The market notified me of the new post. Love it.
Now , I'm going to place it under my pillow overnight before I decide to open it. It's cold up in here. So I might keep it under my pillow thru the winter. Being my first drone I'm kinda scared to open the box. I going to keep watching YouTube videos until I become an expert YouTube certified pilot. My first project is to have a gizmo the opens my fridge and have this contraption fetch me a beer. My dog rescind from this task.
Nice you got the deal of a lifetime congrats I paid $940.00 for mine from best buy with a 10%discount ??

I actually want to record myself preasure washing residential and commercial properties. I know I can get buy with a mini 2 but the air 2 Flymore is available for 800.00 bucks new. Im in the Chicago suburbs. What are your thoughts?
Windycitysoftwash.com
Make sure you get Part 107 taking care of, since you will be using the drone for commercial purposes, and register the drone with the FAA. Part of being a drone pilot.

Update, I found a M2Z new for 900.00 locally. Not the Flymore. What should I do?
Youre going to NEED, not want but NEED extra batteries. Even tho the Zoom has a better camera, I'd get the Air 2. It is lighter and has some great control capabilities.

I actually want to record myself preasure washing residential and commercial properties. I know I can get buy with a mini 2 but the air 2 Flymore is available for 800.00 bucks new. Im in the Chicago suburbs. What are your thoughts?
Windycitysoftwash.com
My advice: Save up or buy 1 year same as cash type financing and get a Mavic 2 Pro (with the 1" Hasselblad camera) Fly More Kit you will thank me. More expensive but easier to fly MUCH better crash prevention, best video of all consumer drones, Using the Litchi APP you can program/perfect a Waypoint Mission at your desk (without the drone being on) then load and fly when you want. Programming a mission gives you much smoother video and you are hands free to do your job while the drone is recording. Also if you are doing the videos for hire you'll need an FAA Part 107 license. It's a very hard test so study a lot or better yet take a study course. If you are videoing for your own personal use for fun you will not need a Part 107.

My advice: Save up or buy 1 year same as cash type financing and get a Mavic 2 Pro (with the 1" Hasselblad camera) Fly More Kit you will thank me. More expensive but easier to fly MUCH better crash prevention, best video of all consumer drones, Using the Litchi APP you can program/perfect a Waypoint Mission at your desk (without the drone being on) then load and fly when you want. Programming a mission gives you much smoother video and you are hands free to do your job while the drone is recording. Also if you are doing the videos for hire you'll need an FAA Part 107 license. It's a very hard test so study a lot or better yet take a study course. If you are videoing for your own personal use for fun you will not need a Part 107.
Thanks for the advice. I'm keeping my MA2 combo. Lots to play with and learn the craft.

Houston we got a problem. Joe opened the box, charged the batteries, upgraded software and bought the refresh package. While testing the bird in his room the dang thing flew out the window. An eagle snatched the expensive contraption while an arrow suddenly showed up at the panoramic scene piercing the eagle. While the talon in slow motion began to ease his hold the half dead drone gathered his composion flopping his feathers and continued his rocket trajectory disappearing in front of my eyes. I ran down the stairs in a rapid motion in an effort to pin point its destination. Once outside, I can hear my neighbors calling 911 stating that there's a drone spying in their neighborhood and requesting to shoot it from the sky. Not knowing that's its illegal to shoot a drone.
Well there goes 800 bucks out the window.
Totally devastated I went to my man cave
In the garage to gather my thoughts and absorb what just happened. After a couple of colds ones I hear this buzzing sound. I run out from my comfort zone and to my surprise I see my expensive 800 dollar drone in slow motion
beeping like crazy, God please make that sound go away entering thru my rooms window and landing on my bed. Thanks God for the return to home feature. Suddenly, I wake up. I had fallen asleep while listening to MA2 YouTube videos. I do noticed claw markings on the body. Oh well, I just ordered a raven skin pattern and that's a rap.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark