DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Think I may have a problem

I will have a look at mine. Never paid attention to it until now. :)

Happy Flying
Brewsky

Mine flew perfect,I had no issues whatsoever and was really enjoying flying it. But after noticing the bulge something is definitely getting hot to cause the case to swell,as pointed out in earlier post this could create an electrical short. Not what you want at 100ft up flat out in sport mode,it's not going to be pretty when it hits the deck. :)

E-mailed DJI support last night,got a reply this morning saying they are looking into it and will get back to me later. Think it could well be a few days due to Chinese New Year but will of course pass on what they say.

Last edited:
Mine flew perfect,I had no issues whatsoever and was really enjoying flying it. But after noticing the bulge something is definitely getting hot to cause the case to swell,as pointed out in earlier post this could create an electrical short. Not what you want at 100ft up flat out in sport mode,it's not going to pretty when it hits the deck. :)

E-mailed DJI support last night,got a reply this morning saying they are looking into it and will get back to me later. Think it could well be a few days due to Chinese New Year but will of course pass on what they say.
Well I flew today and tested with 2 batteries it didn't get hot at the bulge spot

Haven't flown mine since due to work. The marks on yours look very similar to mine,wierd you couldn't feel any heat after flying, but something is causing the case to swell. interested in DJI thoughts on this,may turn out as nothing to worry about.

little update.
Dji recommend i send the mavic back for diagnosis and repair as they put it. Just sent all the info so they can arrange for an RMA.

View attachment 5295 View attachment 5296 View attachment 5297 Hi folks
Had my Mavic just over two weeks and really enjoying it. Just back from my latest flight used all three of my batteries no problems at all,now got just under 2 hours total flight time and no crashes.

Packing up after today's flight noticed some small marks more like a bulge on the front and top of the bird,these weren't there before this mornings flight. Looks like something inside has swollen pushing the casing out. Hope someone has an idea what's going on,or should I just send it in.
To be safe vis a vis warranty etc, I would notify DJI and see if they request returning it for inspection.

Hi, I would suspect more the storing conditions instead of flying ones. Where do you store/(are carying) the bird? Do you have e.g. the combo shoulder bag (what is actually quite small, reported by many others) and st. pushing squeezing the Mavic inside?? Not sure about anything else what could cause such nose swelling, I guess it's ABS plastic isn't it? (it should be quite tough I guess...
Anyway - good luck with solving it, and plz let us know.

This is what's beneath;
The one on the front looks like it was caused by the fan. Taking a guess it was blowing some mighty hot air.

Mavic-Teardown-inside.jpg

Mavic-Teardown-camera-gimbal-1.jpg

Don't see any real heat sorce tho.

View attachment 5295 View attachment 5296 View attachment 5297 Hi folks
Had my Mavic just over two weeks and really enjoying it. Just back from my latest flight used all three of my batteries no problems at all,now got just under 2 hours total flight time and no crashes.

Packing up after today's flight noticed some small marks more like a bulge on the front and top of the bird,these weren't there before this mornings flight. Looks like something inside has swollen pushing the casing out. Hope someone has an idea what's going on,or should I just send it in.
If you look at how the gimble is attached.. it is possible that the screw they used on that side to attach it was a tad to long and after it got warm bulged it up a bit.... Screw machines are not perfect.

Its pregnant! Has it been around other Mavics lately? :)

I really don't know what that might be.

i'm mostly a lurker here as I'm just learning. but i busted out laughing so hard i scared my fiancee'. that was very funny. thank you.

i have more money than sense :)
when i ordered the mavic straight away i ordered the GPC case,which came before the mavic. Although i bought the fly more package the bag has not been out of its box. ( if any uk buyers want one give me a shout) :) the GPC case is superb so all im using.

I've had my Mavic just over two weeks to and under 2 hours total flight time and no crashes. only have 2 batteries I have noticed the same thing but on other side. I'm returning for refund had other problems to 1 of them cant get smooth yaw when lowering at 3 m/s and abnormal gimbal vibrations when not windy I DONT FLY WITH GIMBAL COVER ON. Pics bit hard to see

Looks like a clip isn't seated properly. Try give it a squeeze or pry it apart a little bit until it clips in properly, cold weather can cause the plastic to shrink, just as heat can cause it to expand.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Was cold this morning I'm in Yorkshire UK,But above freezing all the morning frost had melted probably 4 of 5 degrees C, lovely and sunny with no wind so ideal flying conditions.

Hi chippy
Sorry dude cant answer your question..just jumped in when I realised you were in West Yorkshire, I think I've met someone who's handle was chippy, whereabouts are you (approx) do you fly with a group...?, i'm in Bingley... BD16.

Waylander

i have more money than sense :)
when i ordered the mavic straight away i ordered the GPC case,which came before the mavic. Although i bought the fly more package the bag has not been out of its box. ( if any uk buyers want one give me a shout) :) the GPC case is superb so all im using.

Hey Chippy,

Did you get this resolved with DJI?

I just happened across this thread.

When I saw the pic of the open body, I immediately noticed a variance between the two front retaining clips. See my attached pic. The upper one is bent up, indicating damage.

It is possible this happened when you removed the top or the factory person did not snap the top properly to the bottom, and during your flight(s), the plastic encountered additional stress, perhaps with a temperature change, that caused it to fracture, thus the bump. Unless you opened it prior to noticing the issue, my vote is that the factory assembly did not snap the two together like they should have been.

Attachments

• Clips.png
    Clips.png
    304.7 KB · Views: 24
Yes drone was sent back and got a new one in return. Serial on new Mavic shows as manufactured February 9th 2017 old one was 22nd November 2016, so not a bad result. Been out at least once a week since and all good so far.

Sweet. Newer serial number too. I have read about this before but most everyone was ok with it. Glad you got a new bird

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4