DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Think I'm going to need a tablet

45er

Reactions
I'm thinking about buying a refurbished IPad Mini 2 and dedicate it to my Mavic Pro Platinum drone. Is there a "minimum" storage capacity I would need? What would be the difference between a 16 GB and a 32 GB IPad in terms of strictly flying the drone?

16GB is plenty if it's only going to be used for flying.

Reactions: dewster
Keep in mind if you don't have cellular on this iPad, you will have to load the maps.
The iPad mini ,Wi-Fi and Cellular has a GPS chip that can be used without a cellular contract, or SIM card. Double check with Apple Store, but this information should be accurate.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
On my ipad mini 4 128gb wifi non celluar I recently purchased new, as far as I know there is no gps chip in this version, I just upload any maps I require for that area before flying and dont shut down the dji go 4 app otherwise the downloaded maps for the intended area you are flying will be deleted, at least thats what I have found.

I'm thinking about buying a refurbished IPad Mini 2 and dedicate it to my Mavic Pro Platinum drone. Is there a "minimum" storage capacity I would need? What would be the difference between a 16 GB and a 32 GB IPad in terms of strictly flying the drone?
I have a Samsung Note 8 and used it for many months with Go 4 and Litchi. It never crashed either app. I purchased an iPad 4 mini a month ago and it's much better, especially planning waypoint missions with Litchi, except the pen is easier than a finger to move waypoints etc.

Bought an iPad. Only had it out once so far but it was awesome. Never dropped the signal and worked like a charm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143