DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking about it

Pauly mac

Reactions
Does flying fixed wing aircraft help in any way other than rules when learning to fly a drone? I suspect the answer is no.

no.
A child could fly a Mavic. It doesnt move till you tell it to. And it can find home by it self if you cant.
fixed wing there is a learning curve.

It only helps in relation to understanding airspace, weather, and energy management. In other word, you find yourself flying your unmanned aircraft like a manned one!…:)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Sure it does, if you have any flight time and training at all it helps a great deal. I am a retired airline and airshow pilot with over 30,000 hours of REAL FLIGHT time and it helped in what some of the comments referred to as "airspace, weather, and energy management". If one doesn't have any training in these facets of aviation knowing when and where to fly then they are the people that have given our hobby a bad name. PLEASE understand what is required of you and your drone before you put that little missile in our airspace.

Does flying fixed wing aircraft help in any way other than rules when learning to fly a drone? I suspect the answer is no.
Howdy from Wyoming @Pauly mac , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Sure it does, if you have any flight time and training at all it helps a great deal. I am a retired airline and airshow pilot with over 30,000 hours of REAL FLIGHT time and it helped in what some of the comments referred to as "airspace, weather, and energy management". If one doesn't have any training in these facets of aviation knowing when and where to fly then they are the people that have given our hobby a bad name. PLEASE understand what is required of you and your drone before you put that little missile in our airspace.
What do you mean by "REAl FLIGHT" time. Drone pilots are real pilots...sort of, I think. Aren't we?

What do you mean by "REAl FLIGHT" time. Drone pilots are real pilots...sort of, I think. Aren't we?
If you think you are a real pilot then I guess because I can put a band aid on my finger I am a doctor MD. Come these drones we fly are just toys.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. Feel free to join in the discussions and ask anything about Mavics that comes to mind. We are here to help and learn.

Best regards,

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy