DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This can’t be good

I put this on the general board a while ago, but it bounced to off topic.
All Mavic and other drone pilots should be aware that some "investment advisor" named Lee Ballinger had an ad on my yahoo feed that linked to an article claiming that no uas not built in North America was allowed in US airspace anymore. This is BS, and bad for our industry and hobby.

Here's the link:

We need to know what kind of coverage our industry and hobby is getting.

I didn't mean to sound bossy, and you can post what you like. I just mean it's generally a bad idea to reward bad behavior. In the click-bait era, click and links are food for the animal. If it's a bad animal, starve it, don't feed it.

I put this on the general board a while ago, but it bounced to off topic.
All Mavic and other drone pilots should be aware that some "investment advisor" named Lee Ballinger had an ad on my yahoo feed that linked to an article claiming that no uas not built in North America was allowed in US airspace anymore. This is BS, and bad for our industry and hobby.

Here's the link:
Got the same in a e-mail. Just deleted it like the rest ?

I didn't mean to sound bossy, and you can post what you like. I just mean it's generally a bad idea to reward bad behavior. In the click-bait era, click and links are food for the animal. If it's a bad animal, starve it, don't feed it.
I understand, but with all the negative coverage drones get every time someone does something stupid, we should keep up with what's being said about us. My opinion only.

Reactions: MickF
Why do people insist on flying near airports, especially the takeoff and approach area? This hobby is doomed by idiots.

it goes without saying that only an idiot would do this. Having said that I can't remember how many times I hear about drones near airplanes and it turns out they could not agree if it was a drone. Don't forget a drone is flying at 25 mph while a jet at 300-500 mph.
I also read an article where they tested pilots on seeing a stationary drone near a runway, and hardly any pilots noticed it.
Again, if true, the person needs to pay the consequences but let's not jump to conclusions...

Reactions: Brojon and Starz
The operative word in the article is “SUPPOSEDLY”. When in doubt, blame a drone!
I agree. As an industry it has proven to be extremely safe. Safer than most. It may be the terminology. The first time I heard the word drone, it was in the contest of a war...

As listed in post#10. We think alike.
Sorry about the Starz, didn’t read all the posts. Didn’t mean to steal your thunder, we’ll just assume great minds think alike.

it goes without saying that only an idiot would do this. Having said that I can't remember how many times I hear about drones near airplanes and it turns out they could not agree if it was a drone. Don't forget a drone is flying at 25 mph while a jet at 300-500 mph.
I also read an article where they tested pilots on seeing a stationary drone near a runway, and hardly any pilots noticed it.
Again, if true, the person needs to pay the consequences but let's not jump to conclusions...
This article is pure speculation, as there is no proof that a drone was even involved. Experienced aviators, in the cockpit, often have a hard time determining how close they came to something, or what that something really was. Until there is an official report filed by the USAF pilots, this article is a zero to me.

Also, the article doesn't say where they were in the approach to Andrews, but as far as speed goes, there is a 250 kt. speed limit below 10,000', and additional tighter restrictions closer to major airports.

Reactions: Giovanni
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661