DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 This is a fairytale castle located in Portugal Sintra!!!

MIGO STUDIOS

Reactions
Hello all!

We have a magic share for you to watch and comment if you like to...

This a palace/castle located in Sintra small town Portugal Europe. Please feel free to comment.
We would appreciate your subscription to our YouTube channel if you wish so!

Thank you so much once again!

Incredible looking palace, above the clouds, how high is it. Certainly can’t complain about the length of the video. Some great shots there. I just thought that the pan around the castle could have been a bit longer, was just getting to see what I was looking at and you cut to a different position. It might be an age thing, I like to absorb things that I’m looking at. Everything seems to jump around these days. But I did enjoy it.
Regards

Reactions: Joeblow
Great work! Good sound effects and music to support you cinematic visual. I thought it is very well done.

Reactions: Gagey52
Very nice. If you fussed with the color grade a bunch you could get it to look like a scene from The Witcher!

Reactions: Gagey52
Thank you all for your comments! :)

Please help us grown on YouTube. Drop a comment, a like or dislike at our YouTube page! :)

Hello all!

This a palace/castle located in Sintra small town Portugal Europe. Please feel free to comment.

Amazing cinematic video. Your camera angles are solid!

Hi, I'm looking to visit Portugal.

All of the area around Sintra is a restricted military zone.

Did you seek and receive approvals to fly in Portugal from AAN, INCF and other authorities?

Lisbon Porto and Faro as one might expect are heavily restricted, because of nearby airports.

Similar restrictions in Cascais and Cabo da Roca.

Only area that seems possible are Lagos to just before Faro along the coast and maybe the Duoro valley around Pinhao.

Did you have to register as a pilot and your drone and get specific approvals for the areas you fly?

Did you seek and receive approvals to fly in Portugal from AAN, INCF and other authorities?
Yes and yes! :)
AAN for capturing video or images.
Natural Parks requires ICNF request to fly over those areas.

The other Europeans rules also applies here... Drone registered and also you as a pilot!

;)

Hello all!

Very nice! I love castles and seeing the videos of them. I've always been intrigued of the history behind each one.

Yes and yes! :)
AAN for capturing video or images.
Natural Parks requires ICNF request to fly over those areas.

The other Europeans rules also applies here... Drone registered and also you as a pilot!

;)
Well INCF said no to my request, to fly in various places in the Sintra-Cascais National Park.

I asked for permission to fly in these places:

1. Between Pena Palace and Moorish Castle.

2. Waterfront west of Cascais center.

3. Cabo da Roca

4. A beach about 5-10 kilometers north of Cabo da Roca

5. Off the coast of Azenhas do Mar, a little coastal town further north.

They cited a long list of laws including a law that possibly was instituted 8 January of this year, for protecting certain birds of prey, which are known to crash with drones. They said thus flying lower than 1000 feet (about 300 meters) is prohibited in areas near the nests of these birds.

Here is some of the language, ending with "unfavorable opinion" on my request.
A bibliografia sobre aves (particularmente sobre aves de rapina) e drones revela que os impactos e efeitos podem implicar eventos de colisão com o aparelho e perturbação da reprodução, podendo inclusivamente ocorrer ataques diretos aos aparelhos.

A perturbação da Águia-de-Bonelli, do Açor e do Falcão-peregrino é legalmente interdita e a utilização de drones não contribui para os objetivos da conservação e monitorização destas espécies na área do Parque Natural de Sintra-Cascais, como medida de precaução, não são
permitidos voos a baixa altura na área classificada.

No sentido de manter e recuperar as populações reprodutoras de Águia-de-Bonelli, que existem no país (cerca de 100 casais), têm sido identificadas medidas especificas por forma a minimizar as limitações existentes à conservação da espécie, entre os quais se destacam a conservação do território, aplicação das normas de proteção da avifauna e o condicionamento de atividades que possam perturbar os indivíduos da espécie.

Um dos objetivos do Plano de Ordenamento do Parque Natural de Sintra-Cascais é a promoção da conservação e salvaguarda da fauna autóctone pelo que se estabeleceram regras de utilização do território que garantem a boa qualidade ambiental e paisagística da área classificada.
A perturbação dos habitats de espécies animais sujeitas a medidas de proteção é uma atividade interdita (artigo 8.o, alínea d) do POPNSC (RCM no 1-A/2004 de 8 de janeiro).

Assim, emite-se parecer desfavorável no âmbito das competências do Parque Natural de Sintra- Cascais (PNSC).
O não cumprimento do constante do presente parecer fará incorrer o infrator na prática de contraordenações puníveis pelo artigo 43.o do Decreto-Lei n.o 142/2008, de 24 julho e pela Lei n.o 50/2006, de 28 de agosto.

Com os melhores cumprimentos,
O Chefe de Divisão de Projetos e Licenciamento

Attachments

• 1647443264884.png
    1647443264884.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 1
Oh I didn't realize.

Do these birds also nest around the coast as well?

So the INCF may approve in the summer or fall?

outstanding....you have a good eye. I was going to get a castle like that then decided on a small 2 bedroom apartment instead.
If you had lived in Germany in the 70s, they were offering fixer up castles for 1DMark. Didnt have any small change on me that day. Wish I had, I would be the Baron Von Cochem today 🤣

Reactions: BethanyFerrell
Well I'm not having any luck for getting approval to fly drones in Portugal.

AAN rejected two requests for Lisbon waterfront, one near Cais das Colunas and another by the cruise ship terminal further east.

They said there are military facilities around there so for national security reasons, they turned it down.

There are several drone photos taken in the same areas on Google Street Maps but apparently they didn't get permission.

AAN gave me some limited approvals, like 60 meters altitude.

So I finally visited the Moorish castle and the Pena Palace yesterday but it was way too windy, gusts of over 30 MPH or about 45 KPH.

There is a spot I got limited approval on, it's on the side of the road between the Moorish castle and the Pena Palace.

But with 60 meter altitude, not sure it would have even cleared the trees. Maybe just enough to be about level with the castle and the palace because after visiting the Moorish castle, you had to walk down a lot, where the ticket office is, and then climb up again towards Pena. I didn't realize the place I picked was in a valley of sorts.

Wind forecasted for the next week So I have 60 meters altitude approval at Cabo da Roca and not sure it's going to be worth trying to fly. Wind is actually howling outside my hotel now.

Oh well.

Hello all!

This is a wonderful video. For such a stunning subject and as a viewer, I would have liked to see more of the castle. Also, Just as I get captured by the beauty, of each shot/clip it ends and it's off to another. Give the viewer time to take it in.
Wonderful video but could have been at least 2-4 times longer with much more of the castle.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d