DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 This is Flight | Punta del Este at Night

Korrd

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
A video made of shots from my last day in South America. The city of Punta del Este at night.
This shows that the mavic air 2 is still a capable tool for doing night video.

Enjoy, and if you liked it, subscribe! That helps it keep going.

Absolutely!

Fabulous work. I have a MA2 but have never flown it at night. We could not get that close to City buildings here but I guess each country has its own rules. Any special flying tips or do you just pop her up and fly away-not literally of course!

I almost just pop it up and send it away...

...but not before scouting the area during the day to identify any obstacles not visible at night, like antennae, wires, etc. I also take note on how high RTH needs to be set so if it were to lose signal it would not fly into anything.
Then I take some time for setting the cammera right so I can get a good image without too much grain. Low framerate: a multiple of what I want the video be rendered at (30fps for 60, 25 for 50, 24 for 48, etc), since lower framerate means better exposure at lower ISO.

Then I shot. A lot. Five or so batteries worth of every take I feel looks cool, so when I go into the editting rabbit hole I have ample material to pick from.

I cut the best shots, sort them, then pick adecuate music and re-edit it all to fit the music.

That's my workflow so far.

Reactions: R.Cowan