DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is the guy that ****** it up for us

Not much of an Ambassador for the Hobby.
Baiting the Police is not a good thing.
If you go to his channel and search his videos for Drone you will see when he started to film there was not one law on drones .He is the person who started the laws on drones. No doubts about it.

It's a shame.
The publics perception of Drone users is governed by the media including social media in all its aspects.
Even a friend of mine was horrified I was flying a drone and taking photos. Her reaction was that her privacy and identity was being abused.
That was until I showed her the actual footage.
The drones camera does not capture the sort of detail which is portrayed in the big spy satellite shows.
People like the above do more harm than good in openly thumbing their noses at any one.

Reactions: EJay
I love my mavic and what it can do but if i were that cop in that situation i would have shot it from the sky, spme people are just tools..

Reactions: Frits and Herathome
How is it incorrect ?

Section 336 was created in 2012, prior to this video. What was being done in this video was not illegal at the time. People's perception was different at the time. There is absolutely no indication that this _one_ flight in any way created the current state of drone flying. To blame one person for what happened 3 years ago is pointless and irrelevant so it serves no purpose.

Why screw with police? One day one of these idiots is gonna need a cop's help. I hope he or she is just a moment too late responding.

Yeah, I can't stand people busting cops ***** for no reason other than that they don't like getting arrested. A favorite movie quote comes to mind, can you guess he movie? "STOP BREAKING THE LAW, *******

Last edited by a moderator:
While I don't agree with all of the methods he uses, or the extent to which he's willing to go to make his point, he is exercising his rights. Most people will go the path of least resistance when it comes to interactions with government authority. And it is precisely that obedience and compliance (even when unlawful or illegal requests/searches occur) that emboldens the the power-hungry and abusive element within government. No matter your political affiliation, you cannot deny that there are individuals within law enforcement that should not be there. What is debatable is how pervasive the problem is.

Having civilians who LEGALLY observe, document, film, and report on the actions of government, as a whole, is a GOOD thing. Without such checks, we end up with an ever-increasing police/surveillance state, and diminishing liberties and freedoms.

I've always believed that the single biggest opposition to flying cameras in the hands of the public comes from those in power - whether politicians, civil servant, or those that enforce the laws. There's a reason police unions and city managers nearly unanimously opposed dash cameras (initially), and now body cameras. There's a reason anti-drone legislation at state and municipal levels seek to restrict private/commercial drone operation, but leave exemptions for government use. Whether it's fear of liability (catching bad actors who are on government time), or fear of the public discovering government not complying with the law, there are very powerful motives trying to prevent increased transparency.

Tom Zebra is aggressive - to the point of being obnoxious and offensive. But, again, I think the fundamental concept of what he's doing - exercising rights on behalf of all citizens - is a good thing.

While I don't agree with all of the methods he uses, or the extent to which he's willing to go to make his point, he is exercising his rights. Most people will go the path of least resistance when it comes to interactions with government authority. And it is precisely that obedience and compliance (even when unlawful or illegal requests/searches occur) that emboldens the the power-hungry and abusive element within government. No matter your political affiliation, you cannot deny that there are individuals within law enforcement that should not be there. What is debatable is how pervasive the problem is.

Having civilians who LEGALLY observe, document, film, and report on the actions of government, as a whole, is a GOOD thing. Without such checks, we end up with an ever-increasing police/surveillance state, and diminishing liberties and freedoms.

I've always believed that the single biggest opposition to flying cameras in the hands of the public comes from those in power - whether politicians, civil servant, or those that enforce the laws. There's a reason police unions and city managers nearly unanimously opposed dash cameras (initially), and now body cameras. There's a reason anti-drone legislation at state and municipal levels seek to restrict private/commercial drone operation, but leave exemptions for government use. Whether it's fear of liability (catching bad actors who are on government time), or fear of the public discovering government not complying with the law, there are very powerful motives trying to prevent increased transparency.

Tom Zebra is aggressive - to the point of being obnoxious and offensive. But, again, I think the fundamental concept of what he's doing - exercising rights on behalf of all citizens - is a good thing.
I agree with you entirely enforce your rights or loose them,

Reactions: Blades
Section 336 was created in 2012, prior to this video. What was being done in this video was not illegal at the time. People's perception was different at the time. There is absolutely no indication that this _one_ flight in any way created the current state of drone flying. To blame one person for what happened 3 years ago is pointless and irrelevant so it serves no purpose.
I understand it was not illegal at the time as another video points this out further down by media,can you show me another catalyst that could have started the cracking down of drones.I am not speaking of Australia in general but other countries that discourage the use of drones altogether,filming of emergency crew etc.

I understand it was not illegal at the time as another video points this out further down by media,can you show me another catalyst that could have started the cracking down of drones.I am not speaking of Australia in general but other countries that discourage the use of drones altogether,filming of emergency crew etc.

How about the hundreds of reports from pilots of near misses with drones. How about the numerous reports of drones flying over wildfires which prevent aircraft from operating in the area. How about drones dropping off contraband inside of prisons. Video of a gun being fired from a drone. All of these things are 100% illegal. I could go on and on. Yet, you're picking out one flight that was 100% legal and happened over 3 years ago as what changed everything? That one flight from 3 years ago was what screwed up everything.... not everything else I just mentioned. Seriously.

Eh, I agree with using your rights or losing them but this guy isn't some crusader that's fighting for freedom or justice. He just wants the attention. He would probably love it if the cops cracked him upside the skull so he could play the victim and sue the pants off of them. There's a big difference between exercising your rights and standing up for what's right and exposing wrong doings and just being a **** to get attention.

Reactions: poorquad
Eh, I agree with using your rights or losing them but this guy isn't some crusader that's fighting for freedom or justice. He just wants the attention. He would probably love it if the cops cracked him upside the skull so he could play the victim and sue the pants off of them. There's a big difference between exercising your rights and standing up for what's right and exposing wrong doings and just being a **** to get attention.

At the risk of going too far off topic, I'll only say that his motives (to me, at least) don't matter. The effect of his actions are letting government know someone is watching, recording, reporting. That is a plus.

Besides, if the police do crack him upside the skull, then let's just hope that they actually had legal justification to do so - because if not, he's using his body much as the cops use bait-cars, to catch rogue, abusive cops that probably shouldn't be on the streets. Another plus.

How about the hundreds of reports from pilots of near misses with drones. How about the numerous reports of drones flying over wildfires which prevent aircraft from operating in the area. How about drones dropping off contraband inside of prisons. Video of a gun being fired from a drone. All of these things are 100% illegal. I could go on and on. Yet, you're picking out one flight that was 100% legal and happened over 3 years ago as what changed everything? That one flight from 3 years ago was what screwed up everything.... not everything else I just mentioned. Seriously.
Not one flight MANY ,this man filmed them for a long time using drones and if you follow him up you will see,this one person who frustrated the police with the drone,they couldn't do anything so a change in the law to stop someone like this,the things you mention are of coarse just the icing on he cake but this man is the thorn in their side that couldn't be stopped without new drone laws that we are feeling today.

At the risk of going too far off topic, I'll only say that his motives (to me, at least) don't matter. The effect of his actions are letting government know someone is watching, recording, reporting. That is a plus.

Besides, if the police do crack him upside the skull, then let's just hope that they actually had legal justification to do so - because if not, he's using his body much as the cops use bait-cars, to catch rogue, abusive cops that probably shouldn't be on the streets. Another plus.
The best part of his topic is that we are thinking about a man who has dedicated himself to something, that is very rare today when someone dedicates his life to a "cause".He may be mentally incompetent and that may be why he does what he does but in the meantime I believe he is doing a great service to the people.His actions may have had reactions eg: Drone law changes but in the end he will die knowing he did what he had to do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3