DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This may help stop your DJI Goggles slipping off your head ........

RossB

Reactions
Hi guys,
This may help keep your goggles from slipping off your head. 3M make a product called "Dual Lock" it's "Velcro" type product but unlike Velco, Dual Lock attaches to itself..... Velcro has 2 mating parts a hook and a loop.

Dual Lock is a hard but flexible 1" (25mm) wide strip and has addhesive on the back, and is sold in whatever lenght you like. Dual Lock has solid teeth abouth 2-3mm long and these teeth grip your hair.

Firstly clean the rear padded section with a mild soap solution to remove any oil build-up from your hair. Cut a strip of Dual Lock the length of the back padded section on the rear of the Goggle headband, peel off the protective cover on the adhesive and fastened it to the rear headband padded strip. Press it firmly to bond the adhesive to the padded section, the Dual Lock can be removed at a later date if desired.

When you remove the covering from the adhesive you will find it easier to use a sharp knife blade to lift the corner and separte the cover from the adhesive.

As I fit the Goggle to my head and adjust the wheel at the back, I wriggle the headband to bury the Dual Lock teeth into my hair and this definitely "helps" prevent the goggles slipping forward off my head.

If you are bald the teeth will grip your skin to a degree, however, you would have to try it to see if the Dual Lock is comfortable.

Hope this helps
Ross

Hi guys,
This may help keep your goggles from slipping off your head. 3M make a product called "Dual Lock" it's "Velcro" type product but unlike Velco, Dual Lock attaches to itself..... Velcro has 2 mating parts a hook and a loop.

Dual Lock is a hard but flexible 1" (25mm) wide strip and has addhesive on the back, and is sold in whatever lenght you like. Dual Lock has solid teeth abouth 2-3mm long and these teeth grip your hair.

Firstly clean the rear padded section with a mild soap solution to remove any oil build-up from your hair. Cut a strip of Dual Lock the length of the back padded section on the rear of the Goggle headband, peel off the protective cover on the adhesive and fastened it to the rear headband padded strip. Press it firmly to bond the adhesive to the padded section, the Dual Lock can be removed at a later date if desired.

When you remove the covering from the adhesive you will find it easier to use a sharp knife blade to lift the corner and separte the cover from the adhesive.

As I fit the Goggle to my head and adjust the wheel at the back, I wriggle the headband to bury the Dual Lock teeth into my hair and this definitely "helps" prevent the goggles slipping forward off my head.

If you are bald the teeth will grip your skin to a degree, however, you would have to try it to see if the Dual Lock is comfortable.

Hope this helps
Ross

Hi Ross,

I was wondering if you could perhaps send some pictures of this setup and what flavour of dual lock did you use, clear, coloured , normal or low profile and strength there are few types 250 etc

again thanks for this brilliant tip, I am having the same issue, the gogglers sit well with the screen on my face but when I lift it up it tends to slide forward and sort of feel unstable, I have considered chin straps but of course that would be additional weight and perhaps a cumbersome installation.

thanks again

cheers
avii

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura