DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This thing is awesome.

would love any videos you have of the harbor :) out on the boat right now off of Darien...wish I had my ordered mavic! Would have made a video today.. where'd you order from?

would love any videos you have of the harbor :) out on the boat right now off of Darien...wish I had my ordered mavic! Would have made a video today.. where'd you order from?
Got it from the apple store in NYC- w 14th, pick up in store. I just got done flying in Cummings Park.

This thing is rock steady, even if it has no GPS. Nearly as steady if it's too dark for vision sensors to work and relying on GPS only.

Still getting used to flying it, but so far am liking what I could do with my first charge.

Firmware update of Mavic & controller took only 7% battery, and 9 minutes out of the estimated 15 (used DJI Assistant 2- plugged controller into PC, turned on Mavic , then controller, and Assistant last. Was connected to internet via Ethernet to a 10 year old gateway, for reference .)

Obstacle detection is darn cool for tight spaces, since I'm still getting used to the wingspan and very fast acceleration and stopping the Mavic does mid-air. (To me, anyway. My previous flight experience was mostly gained on a Syma x5c, and a microquad before that.)

It's easier to control and smooth. Even with Beginner mode off (flew once with it on, outside, once with it off, inside) it's approximately the same in handling as the X5C in "High" sensitivity. The main differences are in the starting/auto-braking/turning on a dime, the perfect in-place hover that is its default even in Atti mode, and the sheer power of the prop wash- it flew over a small rug and sent it right across the floor from 4 feet up. The Syma could never dream of such power.

This quad is going to be very fun indeed to own.
As soon as it's not below freezing outside, I look forward to seeing it finally in optimal lighting, space, and GPS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121