DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Those of you that Upgraded from the Mavic Pro.....

At a glance
4 cell battery vs 3 cell should be less prone to over heating in hotweather= longer battery life
heavier bird = more resistant to wind tossing it around.
occusync 2 = bugs worked out, better range.
LED landing light is nice when it is dark. I like it.
mav 2 seems quieter
super resolution on the zoom is nice
other than that it flies the same(ish)

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
At a glance
4 cell battery vs 3 cell should be less prone to over heating in hotweather= longer battery life
heavier bird = more resistant to wind tossing it around.
occusync 2 = bugs worked out, better range.
LED landing light is nice when it is dark. I like it.
mav 2 seems quieter
super resolution on the zoom is nice
other than that it flies the same(ish)

MM: THAT is the reason the vast majority of M2P purchasers bought it and yes, it IS a game changer.

You both gave me answers that helped me with my questions.
Thank you [emoji106].

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I keep mine because of all the additional stuff I have for it. Besides it has got NLD mod so can do some crazy stuff with it. Besides I keep it as backup if anything happens to MP2 or if I run out of batteries but there is still something to photo. Apart from that I am now in Norway with both birds and I want to use my MP1 for fishing. I just do with it all the stuff I would not dare with MP2.

I paid TOO much for my MP but i have no regrets...from day 1 till today...FLAWLESS in every way...over a year or more ...I also got an EVO...I am Loving BOTH of em...the only difference is that the EVO gives more air time and Slightly better Videos...The MP seems to be more solid in performance..Wind doesn't rattle it..it hangs tough...the EVO has better longer air time but i believe that they are BOTH solid performers in every way and i would buy them BOTH again

I paid TOO much for my MP but i have no regrets...from day 1 till today...FLAWLESS in every way...over a year or more ...I also got an EVO...I am Loving BOTH of em...the only difference is that the EVO gives more air time and Slightly better Videos...The MP seems to be more solid in performance..Wind doesn't rattle it..it hangs tough...the EVO has better longer air time but i believe that they are BOTH solid performers in every way and i would buy them BOTH again
Thank you for your comments about the EVO. I have a MPP and Spark but would love to own an EVO, perhaps to keep long term. The monitor in the controller seems very reassuring to me when flying, not always dependent on a phone.

This is for the people that upgraded from the original Mavic Pro:

How many of you still own your Mavics after getting your new Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom?
Any reason you kept your original?

Is there something that the 1 does that the new 2 doesn’t?

Anyone that did get rid of the MP1 and have regrets?

The reason I ask is that I’m that guy that keeps all the older stuff thinking I’ll use it, but really don’t for whatever reason. I have the Phantom 3,4, Spark, Inspire V2, and now both versions of the Mavic.
If the MP2 does everything that the original one does, I see no reason in keeping both sets. I haven’t had the new one long enough to try all the capable things that it does, but I’m trying to meet my wife halfway here without having regrets.
If there is a good reason to keep it, then I’d like to hear it.
Thanks for any and all answers.
I have kept my Mavic Pro and still use it as it works with my goggles Racing edition where as the mavic zoom doesn’t also it has fixed wing mode, great with the goggles. I once sent my Mavic Pro on a suicide mission 15000 feet out over the ocean and it came back and landed next to my feet so selling it would be like sending my dog to the vet to be put down.

I can read up online of how the MP2 is supposed to better than the original, but what have YOU found that’s was a game changer. (Besides the camera)
It may sound funny, but asking members here is the equivalent to asking friends, while the Internet =Strangers imo.
I’m only asking because of weather constraints and the short time I’ve owned mine.
Thx
MM
It’s quieter has a better camera and just seems better made. The biggest game changer for me is the waypoint mission feature that you can plan at home before going out. I have kept my Mavic Pro and still fly it with goggles in fixed wing mode ( you can’t do that with the Zoom)

I sold my MP the other day. I am definitely having sellers remorse. I also have MavAir and just bought a Mavic 2 Pro. I figured I didn't really need her anymore, but she was my first[emoji22]. Life goes on I guess...

I've still got my Mavic Pro although I haven't flown it once but want to keep hold of it in case I crash my M2P, I want to fly a riskier flight, I want to take simultaneous video and photos (m1P doing video, M2P doing photos) and I'm wary of selling it in case the buyer crashes it and blames it on the drone being faulty.

Gave mine to my twenty-three year old nephew and he was tickled beyond belief. I won't miss it and seeing him light up like it was Christmas was well worth the gift.

That’s awesome! If my nephew were interested in stuff like this, it would be his, but he’s not. How many 16-year-old boys do you know, that wouldn’t what awesome drone?

Gave mine to my twenty-three year old nephew and he was tickled beyond belief. I won't miss it and seeing him light up like it was Christmas was well worth the gift.

Awesome Uncle there Kilo!
I gave a Spark combo to my 10 yr old Nephew and he’s a great , responsible pilot after 4-5 months of flying. He’s got a lot of nice days in Maui.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
Awesome Uncle there Kilo!

Thanks, Michigan but honestly, I did it almost as much for him as for myself. Giving is SO much better than receiving most of the time. My nephew is like yours, he's responsible and quite talented. When he came for a visit a couple weeks ago, I ordered a toy drone in advance for him to play with. The kid had it flying better than I could in MINUTES. <laughing> Right then, I knew I was going to give him the MP. He's up in Ohio so the weather has kept him from flying much but he is getting out with her and that makes me happy.

Reactions: Rico75
Sold my MP to get the MP2. No reason to keep to, and the longer you hold on to the original the less it’s worth. Plus now got the smart controller.[emoji846]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman