DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Those of you that Upgraded from the Mavic Pro.....

MichiganMavic

Reactions
This is for the people that upgraded from the original Mavic Pro:

How many of you still own your Mavics after getting your new Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom?
Any reason you kept your original?

Is there something that the 1 does that the new 2 doesn’t?

Anyone that did get rid of the MP1 and have regrets?

The reason I ask is that I’m that guy that keeps all the older stuff thinking I’ll use it, but really don’t for whatever reason. I have the Phantom 3,4, Spark, Inspire V2, and now both versions of the Mavic.
If the MP2 does everything that the original one does, I see no reason in keeping both sets. I haven’t had the new one long enough to try all the capable things that it does, but I’m trying to meet my wife halfway here without having regrets.
If there is a good reason to keep it, then I’d like to hear it.
Thanks for any and all answers.

Last edited:
Kept mine as have 5 batteries and wasn't losing any money as it still fly's great and can use it as a back up if needed.Plus I practice moves with it .

Just got the Mavic 2 Pro and will be keeping my Mavic Pro as it is very solid. Just got another battery for it so it stays Not to mention it has over 4 million feet flown on it.

The reason I ask is that I’m that guy that keeps all the older stuff thinking I’ll use it, but really don’t for whatever reason. I have the Phantom 3,4, Spark, Inspire V2, and now both versions of the Mavic.
If it was me I would sell everything except the MP2 and the Inspire V2 and then allocate the proceeds towards a Camera upgrade for the Inspire. Extra batteries and accessories would improve the chances of selling a used drone.

Sold the mavic1 to fund the mavic 2 pro. +flymore.
Craigslist was getting filled up with mavic 1s, driving the price down.
No regret selling the mavic1, It was awesome, with zero problems.
The reason I did not want to keep the mav 1 because have too many other flying things (some still in box, Align 450 pro) no time for all, drone time is with the mav2

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
If it was me I would sell everything except the MP2 and the Inspire V2 and then allocate the proceeds towards a Camera upgrade for the Inspire. Extra batteries and accessories would improve the chances of selling a used drone.

I did for a short moment think about doing that exact thing with buying an X5 camera, but then I asked myself if I would still fly it much... No is what I came up with. I’d sell the Inspire, but for what I’d get for it, I’d rather keep it since it is a very unique drone.

The Spark is going to go up for sale, and maybe the Mavic Pro down the road. Like others here, I have many accessories for it, and I don’t worry so much about it compared to the new one.

I can read up online of how the MP2 is supposed to better than the original, but what have YOU found that’s was a game changer. (Besides the camera)
It may sound funny, but asking members here is the equivalent to asking friends, while the Internet =Strangers imo.
I’m only asking because of weather constraints and the short time I’ve owned mine.
Thx
MM

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcremona