DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro question

carbonsilver97

Reactions
Hello everyone,
Im thinking about buying a used Mavic 2 pro with a smart controller. I love the photos this drone produces, and wanted to know if it is reasonably fun to fly.
I know the m2p is old tech, but I’m just wondering how much of a difference there is with the responsiveness & handling between this drone and a newer one.
If there is, I’ll probably save up for a mavic 3.
Thank you

Hello everyone,
Im thinking about buying a used Mavic 2 pro with a smart controller. I love the photos this drone produces, and wanted to know if it is reasonably fun to fly.
I know the m2p is old tech, but I’m just wondering how much of a difference there is with the responsiveness & handling between this drone and a newer one.
If there is, I’ll probably save up for a mavic 3.
Thank you
If you are looking for a sport drone the M2P isn’t- it’s a very good, affordable, and stable camera drone.

Mavic 2 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro all are offer exceptional video and pictures as well as a lot of sweet features .
The only thing the Mavic 3 Series has is the better overall design and battery life with a bit of zoom .

We had a lot of Fun with the Mavic 2 and captured an impressive body of work as well.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: Cafguy
The M2P is still a great drone. If money is tight and you can find a good deal, especially with an SC, then go for it. You won't be disappointed, but, try and buy as many batteries as you can because they are like hens teeth. (very rare).

Love my M2P. I also have the Mimi 3 Pro, mostly for traveling, and always use the Mavic 2 for flights where I want control over the image settings.

It may be an older model but still a great drone.

Reactions: Drbobk
I know the m2p is old tech, but I’m just wondering how much of a difference there is with the responsiveness & handling between this drone and a newer one
I doubt you would be able to tell the difference if you were able to fly both. The specs are very close. You can compare them here.

The M2Pro is a very good drone, stable and durable. It has a larger image sensor than the Minis and the Air 3, and the image quality is excellent, also by today's drone standards.
Another point is that it uses the Go4 app, which is far better than DJI Fly.

I doubt you would be able to tell the difference if you were able to fly both. The specs are very close. You can compare them here.
Any possibility of adding noise level to this list?

The only thing the Mavic 3 Series has is the better overall design and battery life with a bit of zoom .

We had a lot of Fun with the Mavic 2 and captured an impressive body of work as well.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water.

The Mavic 2 Pro (M2P) is excellent and capturing images (and video, from what I've read).

The Mavic 3 Pro (M3P) has similar qualities in its main camera and flies similarly to the M2P. Its also equipped with two telephoto lenses, with one at 3x power and the other at 7x power. Too often, it's said to have zoom capability, but that's only a digital zoom, not optical.

Reactions: Cafguy
You couldn't go wrong with a Mavic 2 I am partial to the mavic one BUT the Mavic 2 is a very nice drone and you will be saving money on Batteries and such purchasing an "older" Model - As far as fun to fly, Camera drones are fun for a Bit and then if you are not a photographer you will be wanting more. I say get the 2.

Any possibility of adding noise level to this list?
I don't think DJI provides that information.

Furthermore, I'm not so sure it would be helpful buying information since all DJI drones are noisy. The only quiet DJI drone is the one that's 400 feet up in the sky :)

Oh yeah, you mentioned that the M2P is “old tech”. Well, the M2P is actually more advanced because it has an open SDK and there’s many more autonomous flying applications available for it like Litchi than are available for the M3. I think DJI took a step backwards when they decided not to release a SDK for the much more expensive M3.

The M2P is still a great drone. If money is tight and you can find a good deal, especially with an SC, then go for it. You won't be disappointed, but, try and buy as many batteries as you can because they are like hens teeth. (very rare).
Doesn't it have batteries that can be charged? I'm not knowledgeable and am looking for a good drone for photography.

Hello everyone, this is my first post.

Not much difference. In fact, in windy conditions the Mavic 2 is more stable and easier to control than the Mini-series.
You might say that it has older tech, but the tech in the Mavic 2 is well-proven, robust and stable.

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
Good, because I read that batteries are rare.
If you buy a M2 Pro it might be a good idea to purchase a few batteries right away, because they will eventually be harder to get as years go by. With good care the batteries will last many years. I have 3 batteries from 2018, they still work as new.

Reactions: KaiCor
If you are looking for a sport drone the M2P isn’t- it’s a very good, affordable, and stable camera drone.
It may be 'old tech," but I really miss my M2P, one of the most dependable and enjoyable drones ever. I sold it to get the $ for the M3, but now regret it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne