DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones Flying Over Private Property - Can You Stop Them?

This is what one city thinks about "trespassing" drones:

In the peeping tom "scary" category as mentioned in my posted video.
Surely not limited to Draper, CO. There were idiotic reactions posted in NextDoor to an incident in my own neighborhood: "shoot it down with a shotgun" (wonder where the fall of shot would be), "trap it with a net," amid others.
No talk about drone laws, etc.

So this guy is apparently upset with Ken's flying and something about peeping. I'll just drop this here and leave out my personal comments on what I would have done had he assaulted me like that:

I love night flying and the beautiful city lights videos I get.
But, stalking and casing. Wrong and it makes it bad for everyone.
I don't know why they don't educate folks about the drone scanner app. This way , they can see if they are cruising or stalking and they will have evidence for the police if necessary. They need to put this on the news outlets. It won't affect law enforcement drones since they turn RID off anyway, but it would keep things legit.
Dronner scanner and RID will help to show if you are being a responsible RPIC also.

I love night flying and the beautiful city lights videos I get.
But, stalking and casing. Wrong and it makes it bad for everyone.
I don't know why they don't educate folks about the drone scanner app. This way , they can see if they are cruising or stalking and they will have evidence for the police if necessary. They need to put this on the news outlets. It won't affect law enforcement drones since they turn RID off anyway, but it would keep things legit.
Dronner scanner and RID will help to show if you are being a responsible RPIC also.
But that's not what RID is for, it doesn't have the [legal] capabilities that you mentioned. What happens if the app is showing you to be "stalking and casing" and you aren't, is that evidence? Is that what you want an untested, unproven, inaccurate implementation of RID which can be used to incriminate innocent drone flyers because of an untested, imperfect, and wholly inappropriate use of the app to determine someone's intent? Ok if you're up to no good but frankly, I don't want the tool to be [mis]used for something it isn't designed for. Sorry but no thanks to telling the public they should use drone scanner and RID to figure out if a crime has occurred or is occurring.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustjan