DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Misinformation Still Abounds

AgentDuke

Reactions

I stumbled onto this article while reading about something else … and I genuinely had to stop and keep reading due to how misleading it was and how much misinformation it contained. To be honest, it was so bad, I was waiting to find an advertisement for a “drone detector” at the end of the article. There wasn’t…but there has to be some altering motives to getting things this wrong.

How pointless does this all seem when there are so many motivations of detractors o create such conflict?

These are articles designed to come up in popular searches and drive traffic/ad revenue with zero care about whether they're right or not. You'll find that kind of stuff for anything people search for, it's not specific to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll find that kind of stuff for anything people search for, it's not specific to this.
True.

The Internet should be treated as a tool rather than a source of expert information. Like any tool, use it correctly/wisely, and it can yield great results.

Reactions: @Rip
That entire website is to full of misinformation, it's a travesty.

I've reached out to Jamie Cole in the past, and have heard nothing back. He doesn't care. Others have as well. I even posted about his site in one of my groups on Facebook. An FAA person went there and couldn't believe the amount of bad information contained there.

Each state article I read was completely full of bad information. And as I said, Mr. Cole could not care less. He hasn't responded to any person who has ever reached out to him.

I suggest each and every person reach out and plead with him to take his site down!

• Wow
Reactions: Kilrah and @Rip
I just emailed him again, and one of his email addresses bounced. I also reached out via his contact page. My email:

"Once again I’m reaching out and asking you to please take your site down, and fix its myriad of false information.

You are creating a HUGE liability for the industry by doing such things as telling people they can deny permission to fly over someone’s house, have to notify ATC if flying within 5 miles of an airport, and a host of other horribly bad content.

The FAA has even seen your site and can’t believe the amount of outright lies on it.

If you care at all about this industry, you will take your site down before someone gets assaulted by a person who read your article and now believes what they read there.

You site is very irresponsible.

~V~"

Reactions: Torque and Dbez1
I just emailed him again, and one of his email addresses bounced. I also reached out via his contact page. My email:

"Once again I’m reaching out and asking you to please take your site down, and fix its myriad of false information.

You are creating a HUGE liability for the industry by doing such things as telling people they can deny permission to fly over someone’s house, have to notify ATC if flying within 5 miles of an airport, and a host of other horribly bad content.

The FAA has even seen your site and can’t believe the amount of outright lies on it.

If you care at all about this industry, you will take your site down before someone gets assaulted by a person who read your article and now believes what they read there.

~V~"
Thank Vic (and others), for watching out for us.

Reactions: Vic Moss

~V~"
I just emailed him as well.

Not sure emailing is going to help here. It appears these articles are being written with little to no research -- seemingly solely written for purposes other than educating.

Reactions: okw
Sure it's not written by ai?
That crossed my mind too. It looks like the site was created prior to the release of commonly used AI tools like ChatGPT. However, that certainly doesn't mean the owner didn't switch over and start using something like ChatGTP to save time.

And interestingly enough, asking ChatGPT many of the questions from that article results in information that looks accurate (didn't dive in deep). So, maybe Jamie needs to starting using ChatGPT...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom