DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Those who haven’t used their DJI Care Refresh and it’s about to expire soon....

It says in your excerpt you need an available refresh to be eligible to purchase Plus. If you already purchased Plus, then you should be able to use your two refreshes the first year. I purchased mine together because of the warranty extension rather than wait closer to the end of the year to purchase Plus.

Look at FAQ 5: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

5、Can I use DJI Care Refresh +’s replacement service if my product has been replaced twice under DJI Care Refresh, but my DJI Care Refresh + has not taken effect yet?

No. DJI Care Refresh +’s replacement service can only be used within the coverage period, and cannot be used in advance or used after it expires.

So if you crash your quad twice within 3 months of purchasing Refresh, you're grounded for 9 months or pay for repairs.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Interesting how they make one step for shipping to them in the Express as two steps in the normal process.

Express: DJI receives product
Normal: Carrier receives product, DJI receives product.

Well, the carrier receives the package in Express as well, in order for DJI to receive it.

It says in your excerpt you need an available refresh to be eligible to purchase Plus. If you already purchased Plus, then you should be able to use your two refreshes the first year. I purchased mine together because of the warranty extension rather than wait closer to the end of the year to purchase Plus.

Look at FAQ 5: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

5、Can I use DJI Care Refresh +’s replacement service if my product has been replaced twice under DJI Care Refresh, but my DJI Care Refresh + has not taken effect yet?

No. DJI Care Refresh +’s replacement service can only be used within the coverage period, and cannot be used in advance or used after it expires.

So if you crash your quad twice within 3 months of purchasing Refresh, you're grounded for 9 months or pay for repairs.
Yes, it looks like you can only buy Refresh+ with at least one replacement still available, but could potentially get three replacements in total, if you timed your "accidental" crashes appropriately! ;) Depending upon your crash type, the combined policy price and the deductible are roughly $280 for Refresh alone, which would cover most crash repairs, so unless you have catastrophic crashes, like sea water submersion, self insure, and save the money for any needed repairs, and hope to not need any. By the time you pay for Refresh and Refresh+, plus a replacement, you are now up to $450 and the M2 aircraft alone can be bought new for $600. Obviously, a State Farm personal articles policy is far cheaper, if you are eligible to purchase one.

M2 AC for $600? Where? Might not have been available or that cheap for several months after release.

I believe I missed my window for my 2nd refresh. But I did have to use my first a little more than a month after I got my M2Z. And it wasn't for a flight mishap either. Accidentally backed over it with my car. I wanted to pay for the repair since it was so early in the term.
I've had crashes before and since, but weren't serious. Busted props and some body/battery scrapes on first mishap, only very minor dings in props in a few others.

It is insurance. You usually lose with insurance but sometimes you win. I'm sure coverage with State Farm is subsidized by personal effects coverage for less risky items or else they'd be smart by now and not cover drones.

M2 AC for $600? Where? Might not have been available or that cheap for several months after release.

I believe I missed my window for my 2nd refresh. But I did have to use my first a little more than a month after I got my M2Z. And it wasn't for a flight mishap either. Accidentally backed over it with my car. I wanted to pay for the repair since it was so early in the term.
I've had crashes before and since, but weren't serious. Busted props and some body/battery scrapes on first mishap, only very minor dings in props in a few others.

It is insurance. You usually lose with insurance but sometimes you win. I'm sure coverage with State Farm is subsidized by personal effects coverage for less risky items or else they'd be smart by now and not cover drones.
Certainly, after release, those prices were not available, but they are now.
Refresh for the frequent flyer is a great deal, especially on the M2P, where the the camera alone is $599, and is more easily ripped off because of the extra weight compared to the M2Z. Just dropping the aircraft or knocking it off a table could break the camera. I'm surprised State Farm still offers the policy on drones in other states.

OK, $600 without camera/gimbal. That makes sense, maybe.
You can then purchase either M2 camera/gimbal assembly from AliExpress, and install it in less than 5 minutes, as long as you have the 6 tiny screws and 1.5mm (as I recall) hex screwdriver. About $250 for the Zoom camera/gimbal assembly, and $600 for the Pro camera/gimbal assembly. No need to buy another full retail M2 with remote and charger and battery, unless you need all those duplicate parts after the original M2 purchase. Refresh also only replaces the aircraft (with camera/gimbal assembly) anyway, and up to one battery. Something to keep in mind.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive