DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thought I would try this new range extender for Mavic air 2

I don't know if you're planning to use the two together as shown in your picture but...

The parabolic reflector directs the signal in the direction you would expect - perpendicular to the plane of the reflector.

The yagi antenna with the multiple elements directs the signal along the axis of the center support piece that holds the elements.

The two antennas installed together are fighting each other.

The yagi antenna with the multiple elements directs the signal along the axis of the center support piece that holds the elements.

I have not looked inside the top of the RC where the antenna is yet, but how could that yagi clamped over the antenna area not make reception worse?? Never mind the reflector... I certainly would not mind a remote that had N or rp-sma connectors on it though, fwiw. I may even buy one another RC and try adding them in the near future.

I have not looked inside the top of the RC where the antenna is yet, but how could that yagi clamped over the antenna area not make reception worse?? Never mind the reflector... I certainly would not mind a remote that had N or rp-sma connectors on it though, fwiw. I may even buy one another RC and try adding them in the near future.
I don't know what the controller's antenna looks like inside the plastic cover. I have the yagi antenna and it makes a significant difference. The signal is much stronger and much more directional. I am therefore assuming the built in antenna is just a simple dipole and lines up with the director and reflector elements of the yagi. But, maybe those yagi elements will improve the signal with any type of antenna as long as the antenna is in the proper location.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy