DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on flying in Canada and the updated flight restrictions for drones?

jasonzhang412

Reactions
I was flipping through Facebook the other day and noticed that not long ago the Canadian MoT issued an updated version of the drone flight restrictions. It seems like it is more reasonable now, but flying in national parks is still not allowed. Would like to know some local flyers and what are your thoughts on the new flight restrictions? XD

cbdc3ce26ce81dd5b66c4114ecfce04f.jpg

I was flipping through Facebook the other day and noticed that not long ago the Canadian MoT issued an updated version of the drone flight restrictions. It seems like it is more reasonable now, but flying in national parks is still not allowed. Would like to know some local flyers and what are your thoughts on the new flight restrictions? XD

There's been ADDITIONAL changes which are not reasonable. Mandatory Licencing and Insurance are some of the changes.

see this: New proposed Canadian drone regulations increase pilot costs, do little for safety

As of today's date, ( June 30, 2018), these are still proposed, and I hope they never become law. email Marc Garneau, and your local MP, to express your views on the these proposed regs. The points I disagree with on the proposed regulations for recreation flyers in the small drone category, is the weight of 250g to 1kg, (I think it should be 250g to 2kg), the $10000.00 liability insurance, and the knowledge test. I think the current regulations are good as it is, for recreational drone users under 2kg.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu