DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on selling drone footage of China?

MrDrone01

Reactions
I’m a photography enthusiast and I want to get into drone photography. I’m thinking of trying to sell the footage as stock footage online.

I live in China, so there’s an abundance of amazing scenery and mega cities etc. to shoot and from my research the rules are fairly relaxed about flying drones here.

Is this a viable idea? Does anyone else do this or had any success with it? I’d be really interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

You are right that drone regulations in most of China are fairly relaxed, so I don't see any problems as long as you stay away from military and other sensitive areas. There are lots of videos from China online, especially from the beautiful rural areas. I am not sure about flying in the centre of big cities.

Reactions: MrDrone01
You are right that drone regulations in most of China are fairly relaxed, so I don't see any problems as long as you stay away from military and other sensitive areas. There are lots of videos from China online, especially from the beautiful rural areas. I am not sure about flying in the centre of big cities.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm not sure about the big cities. The staff in the DJI shop said it's fine, but I'd rather make sure first, ha!

I’m a photography enthusiast and I want to get into drone photography. I’m thinking of trying to sell the footage as stock footage online.

I live in China, so there’s an abundance of amazing scenery and mega cities etc. to shoot and from my research the rules are fairly relaxed about flying drones here.

Is this a viable idea? Does anyone else do this or had any success with it? I’d be really interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks.
Are you using cellular connectivity since that is allowed there? I'm not sure you can sell the video since anybody could do it. Fly over national defense installations, and sell it to the CIA!

I found this website with inormation about flying in China, it looks like they know what they are talking about:
And here is a NoFlyZone map from DJI:

Reactions: MrDrone01
Are you using cellular connectivity since that is allowed there? I'm not sure you can sell the video since anybody could do it. Fly over national defense installations, and sell it to the CIA!
LOL

Doing research on openstreetmap for OSMand recently, I saw some crazy stuff like it's illegal to make a map of anyplace in china especially if not resident in china, there was more weird stuff that I cant remember.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne