DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Three waterfalls from Scotland

jowlymonster

Reactions
Hi folks,
I was up in Scotland last week for a few days photography. I ended up with some footage using my MA2 of three different waterfalls, so combined them here:

Hi folks,
I was up in Scotland last week for a few days photography. I ended up with some footage using my MA2 of three different waterfalls, so combined them here:

I love the shots on Skye, especially Kilt Rock falls. Looks like an early start for the sunrise. Skye still remains my favourite place for photography.

Well done video. Such great subject matter. I'm envious. I was most impressed by your smooth flying and camera technique. I need to be that good.

Hi folks,

Wow. Magical!

Reactions: jowlymonster
Did you manage to get to the falls at the Fairy Pools while you were on Skye? They should be pretty good at the moment after all the rain.

Real pleasure to watch. I’ve got to get back to Scotland. Try to avoid speeding up clips of waterfalls, which looks unnatural. Use real time w/ speed ramping.

Hi James,
wow amazing waterfalls! I enjoyed the very smoot and amazing shots with agood fitting music!
I went to the Highlands and skye at least 10 times, what an fanastich region! I remember that once I was standing at the precipice just a few meters nearby the Mealt fall outside of the fence, it was quite vertiginous! Unfortunately 25 years ago NO DRONE:( I was shooting with a S-VHS camera!
thanks for sharingThumbswayup
cheers Paul

Reactions: jowlymonster
Real pleasure to watch. I’ve got to get back to Scotland. Try to avoid speeding up clips of waterfalls, which looks unnatural. Use real time w/ speed ramping.
Yeah, I didn't actually speed any up, but a couple of them I was just flying quicker than I should have done, and agree it doesn't fit quite so well!

Did you manage to get to the falls at the Fairy Pools while you were on Skye? They should be pretty good at the moment after all the rain.
Nope- the last waterfall was just a mile or two down the road, but the car park being rammed and huge number of people walking to them put me off... I had the last waterfall location all to myself even though it was really close by!

Hi folks,

very nicely done! lot of work adding the sound and potting up when close to the falls...

Really nice video !!!!! Thanks for sharing. !!!

very nicely done! lot of work adding the sound and potting up when close to the falls...
Yes, someone in my local photography club thought it was real sound- I had to explain that drones don't have microphones in cuz all you'd hear is BZZZZZ :) (I could do with a few more sound-files though, you don't have to listen hard to realise all three waterfalls sound rather similar...)

Nope- the last waterfall was just a mile or two down the road, but the car park being rammed and huge number of people walking to them put me off... I had the last waterfall location all to myself even though it was really close by!

I know what you mean. I first started going to Skye in the 1970’s way before it became so popular, before Game of Thrones, before it became popular with European tourists.

During the 80’s and 90’s I used to spend 2-months up there each year in all seasons. I never had trouble trying to find a place to park or walk for miles without seeing anyone else. Happy Days.

Thanks for bringing back good memories with your great footage.

Hi folks,

I would consider this very brave flying!!! Your route would scare me to death! Great video.

I love the shots on Skye, especially Kilt Rock falls. Looks like an early start for the sunrise. Skye still remains my favourite place for photography.
Wow. Fantastic control. I would not be brave enough for the flying in the opening vision. Loved it. Was there last year and glad we didn't travel this year!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_