DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Throw and go Mini 2

MassCoyote

Reactions
My Mavic mini (1) used to have a sort of throw and go feature where you could start the props and gently toss it. The props would immediately speed up and the drone would hover.

Does the Mini 2 also have this capability? (I don’t currently own a Mini 2)

My Mavic mini (1) used to have a sort of throw and go feature where you could start the props and gently toss it. The props would immediately speed up and the drone would hover.

Wasn't sure if you were joking, and that lead me to find this
. That's AWSOME! Guess I'll be trying that in the near future!

Well, you learn something new every day. How about that?
So trying this after work.

I would not throw it, however with props idling and your firm grip from underneath on the drone, if you raise your hand up and back down you will feel the pull and it will fly from your hand and hover.

If it doesn't rev up to leave your hand no harm, if you throw it and it doesn't respond, well.....

You're not missing anything; nobody seriously does that. It's more like a joke. :rolleyes:
This friend told me that he had done it and he is an experienced drone pilot so from what I saw here and the videos probably it is possible.. Well not exactly as throw ( similar to DJI Tello there is for real a throw and fly feature that is a function )

Reactions: mavic3usa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom