DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Thunderhead at sunset over the Delaware Bay

sbunting

Reactions
Best fireworks for July 4th are sometimes what nature provides. Photographed over the Great Marsh, this thunderhead over the Delaware Bay at sunset last evening was one of those events. To get it all, the drone was the ticket. Despite getting up high enough to see it all and despite the wide-angle lens capabilities, it wasn't enough. It took 8 views stitched together to pull it all together, 4 x 2 (vertical x horizontal). Each of those 8 views consisted or 5 bracketed exposures for an HDR stack, as the exposure range was extreme. So it took 40 pictures in total, all stitched together to get this image. 2023 July 4 - DJI Mavic 3 Cine Hasselblad L2D-20C F3.2 1/320 ISO 100 24mm (35 mm equiv) Adobe Camera Raw for HDR blends and Pano stitches - Topaz Photo AI for noise removal / sharpening - Topaz Studio for finishing touches along with Photoshop.

Attachments

• 20230704-Colorful-Thunderhead-DJI_0435-HDR-Pano-topaz-denoise-sharpen.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
That's a stunning photograph. I looked through some of your Flickr posts too. You've done some wonderful bird photos. The head-on Osprey shot is very nice. It looks like Lewes and the Gulf Coast have a lot of birds in common.

Reactions: sbunting
That's a stunning photograph. I looked through some of your Flickr posts too. You've done some wonderful bird photos. The head-on Osprey shot is very nice. It looks like Lewes and the Gulf Coast have a lot of birds in common.
Thanks! The birds come here to breed and go to you for the winter, although many are starting to winter further north all the time...

Thanks! The birds come here to breed and go to you for the winter, although many are starting to winter further north all the time...
They're resident here all year round, too. Give a shout if you're ever coming this way. We'll loan you a kayak and point you toward some good places to shoot.

Very nice!

Best fireworks for July 4th are sometimes what nature provides. Photographed over the Great Marsh, this thunderhead over the Delaware Bay at sunset last evening was one of those events. To get it all, the drone was the ticket. Despite getting up high enough to see it all and despite the wide-angle lens capabilities, it wasn't enough. It took 8 views stitched together to pull it all together, 4 x 2 (vertical x horizontal). Each of those 8 views consisted or 5 bracketed exposures for an HDR stack, as the exposure range was extreme. So it took 40 pictures in total, all stitched together to get this image. 2023 July 4 - DJI Mavic 3 Cine Hasselblad L2D-20C F3.2 1/320 ISO 100 24mm (35 mm equiv) Adobe Camera Raw for HDR blends and Pano stitches - Topaz Photo AI for noise removal / sharpening - Topaz Studio for finishing touches along with Photoshop.

A real beauty! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and image.

They're resident here all year round, too. Give a shout if you're ever coming this way. We'll loan you a kayak and point you toward some good places to shoot.
Maybe they have second homes like people! Love the hospitality of your offer and rest assured I find myself down that way, I'll let you know.

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc