DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

time to move on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see you go OMM. Hope all goes well for you in what ever you venture into in the future and Big Thanks for the wise advice.

just to let you know i will be hanging up my hat and will not be on the forum anymore
its been great conversing with you all good luck in your drone flying adventures
yours OMM
Best wishes!

just to let you know i will be hanging up my hat and will not be on the forum anymore
its been great conversing with you all good luck in your drone flying adventures
yours OMM
Thank you for all you have done on this forum. I wish you blessings in your new season.

yours OMM
I guess its about time you left.

I hear you were going to be asked to leave this week anyway.

Hang on a mow, I am now not sure you are who I thought you were.

In fact, sorry, you are not. So please ignor this post :)

What a loss for this superb forum... Thank you OMM for sharing your wisdom with all of us. Happy "Second" retirement OMM. I hope you will find happiness with all the things you are going to do in the future.

Last edited:
Firstly, it's really good to hear the news from @dirkclod that you are well.
Sometimes when we see a post like that, it's easy to assume that all may not be good, considering none of us are getting any younger.
You made us all feel welcome when we joined and gave us valuable advice. Your posts were always worthy of reading.

Take care and enjoy your retirement.

Thank you.

Scot and Welsh.JPG

I appreciate your contributions to this site. A book could be written with the posts you have made over the years.
Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dirkclod
I wish you all the best OMM! Your contributions have always been very thoughtful and you have talked many droners here off a ledge! Good luck in your future endeavours, you WILL be missed!

He’s back but what pissed him off was a e mail I got from C.

020EA67D-D4E2-4247-A84B-50E835D32CCC.jpeg

After 7 years on these forums everyday trying to keep them in order I got that. Hope OMM stays as he’s a good man but times changes.. Will most likely get banned so screenshot this now before this is deleted. But I’ve been here or PP before C was.
He just don’t know what it takes to read everyday in theses forums. Hate it but will still read here. He got others in PP also. Think I got it for calling out VM who is Allens buddy. So it is what it is.

Last edited:
Thats looks like b.s. from someone who is out of touch with these forums.
There are certainly some, that act like they are above everyone else, but i have never seen this from Dirk, who has always maintained rules and behaviours of some of the rogues.
Dirk should be a valued member of an important team, and im very dissappointed to read this. But on the internet, anyone can be king of the castle. :-l

Im sure i speak for all of the old term members here that have spent years reading and contributing to the forum.
Its not the likes of Dirk that would be discouraging the user base, but the multitudes that like to attack like a pack of hungry sharks, when someone does something wrong, instead of offering guidance

I was a bit blown away by what I just read here. This is from somebody totally out of touch and a complete control freak.
OMM and @dirkclod are two of the steadiest pairs of hands to have moderating a forum and should be valued, not asked to leave.
Unfortunately, most forums are the same. New people take a while to become accepted when they join any forum, or at least, it can feel that way. OMM and @dirkclod were both in there, welcoming and encouraging new members, neither of them held anyone up for ridicule because they asked a stupid question, which I regularly see on other sites, you only have to go on the DJI forum to witness that.

I never saw a bad intervention on here, you could see what was coming well before a thread was closed and it was never a bad call.

People walk away all the time probably for various reasons. Buy a drone on Monday, crash it on Tuesday, interest lost, no need to come back. People die, (we all will), and don't come back. We see things like this happening, and in an instant, don't want to be a part of it. The list is endless, but it isn't because we have two respected admins running the show and keeping the ship steady...🤔

May be I’ve missed it but I don’t remember seeing any inappropriate response from one of the mods. Yes, plenty from members who have trouble holding back their keyboard rage before engaging their brain for whatever is troubling their life. But mods? No.

Dirk and OMM have always stepped-in when required and usually preceded by a courteous warning. And for those that don’t take heed and continue to rant… just hit the ignore button.

You would expect the number of members to continue to grow as sales of drones grow exponentially but that would only happen if people were aware of the forum in the first place.

Yes, some join, some stay and many contribute but there are many people who may have a quick look for an issue they have and find the answer and have no real interest in participating further. Not everyone wants to share what they know (or believe they know… or just don’t know). Some don’t want to appear ignorant of the topics discussed - that’s human nature. But bit-by-bit we all learn from each other’s experience and knowledge but it takes time and effort each day (yes I’m just as addicted to the forum as our mods) to participate or just to read what’s new on the forum and not everyone has time in their busy life’s.

Page views may be declining and I know running this forum costs money but personally I believe there is a greater need to market what we do and get the forum out to a wider audience. Not one person I have met, who either owns, or was thinking of buying a drone, had any idea this forum existed. As a test I said if you were to look for help and advice who would be your first choice:

DJI Forums or Mavic Pilots. The former won out every time - they’d heard of DJI.

This is by far the friendliest, informative and helpful forum I’ve joined and participated in in over 30-years. Long may it live and give credit to those who spend hours of their precious time moderating the forum for the benefit of all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet