DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Timelapse

B, it should be much more stable! That is horrible. For comparison, this was shot last November with my Air 2S. Notice the cell towers on the horizon. Perfectly stable.
Normally I'd agree with you on how stable the Air2s is for hyperlapses, but I've done a couple of hyperlapses on my Air2s over the last couple of months that were completely unusable. One a couple of months ago was with direct control, just holding the pitch stick forward...drone drifted to the right by probably 200-300ft over the course of the hyperlapse. And another I did just a couple of weeks ago, using Course Lock did the same thing...drifted right probably 200 feet by the time it was finished. In both cases there was basically no wind or other issues that would cause the drift.

Seems like a stretch to think these are linked, but is it possible it could be a bug in some shared bit of firmware code?

I haven't tried a hyperlapse with my Mavic 3 Pro yet, but I will definitely test it before trying it for a shot I really want.

Last edited:
That is not good. My standard Mavic 3 is also rock solid during these shots. I did a 25-min timelapse few weeks ago and it was ridiculously good.

Someone else mentioned in a different thread a potential issue regarding the loss of GPS during flight. Maybe this happened here as well…
Post your timelapse?

Check it out at the beginning of this video:

That's very nice work. The timelapse ssegment shows only some minor wandering. That construction scene is a very good subject for a timelapse nd the music works well with the video. I couldn't help smiling while watching it.

What is being built? Those are some serious foundation columns and a lot of steel rebar in those walls.

(Note to others: Switch the resolution to something higher than the 480p it defaulted to.)

I have a friend in New Orleans who is from Romania. I'll send the link to him.

Reactions: costica1234
This is the construction site for one of the most important projects in Romania right now: the highway that will finally link the east of Romania with the west of the country. It is about 75 miles long (or 120 km) and it will be Romania’s first highway that crosses the mountains.

I am regularly filming the Bascov junction as this represents the east end of the highway and it is very close to where I live. They are doing some serious work involving hundreds of bore piles to stabilize the swampy terrain that is located in the proximity of a river and artificial lake.

Thanks for watching my video!

Reactions: Point Zero
Finally got to try this and the results were a bit of a letdown. Not dramatic, but not exactly rock steady.

That said, I applied Warp Stabilizer in Premier and thought it turned out pretty good.

Finally got to try this and the results were a bit of a letdown. Not dramatic, but not exactly rock steady.

That said, I applied Warp Stabilizer in Premier and thought it turned out pretty good.

I mean that's about as good as I would expect it to be. So many factors can determine how stable the shot is. Wind obviously. The other factor is if you have anything somewhat close to the drone, like the bridge in that video. Anything close to the camera will exaggerate any minor movement of the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor