DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Timelapse

bkushner

Reactions
Tried a short timelapse on the M3P today for the first time. Very disappointed. This is a ton of movement for such a short TL. One thing with my Mavic 3 it was rock solid in timelapses, even during winds. Anyone else having issues?

That is not good. My standard Mavic 3 is also rock solid during these shots. I did a 25-min timelapse few weeks ago and it was ridiculously good.

Someone else mentioned in a different thread a potential issue regarding the loss of GPS during flight. Maybe this happened here as well…

It gets worse.

Left to Right Movement and Increase and Decrease in Altitude

Altitude Decrease

Movement Left to Right

Yeah, not good. I know you had some great timelapses with your original Mavic 3. Have you taken any panos? Just wondering if the stitching is good, or if there was too much drift.

Yeah, not good. I know you had some great timelapses with your original Mavic 3. Have you taken any panos? Just wondering if the stitching is good, or if there was too much drift.
I did a coupe of panos but just let the drone process them. Same with the Timelapses.

How can there be any difference between the two versions of the M3, the only one of note to my mind is the slight increase in weight with the pro version? This seems really weird tbh!

Also as I am about to buy the M3P these kind of posts are the last thing I like to read, lets hope it gets sorted soon or you get to the bottom of why its happening. The only way to have really tested it is doing the same hyperlapse back to back with the two different drones I suppose

That is not good. My standard Mavic 3 is also rock solid during these shots. I did a 25-min timelapse few weeks ago and it was ridiculously good.

Someone else mentioned in a different thread a potential issue regarding the loss of GPS during flight. Maybe this happened here as well…
Are you saying the M3P has an issue with losing connection to the satellite grid? Surely they share the exact same firmware?

Since a FW refresh did nothing, open a case with DJI and send it in for replacement. My Air 2S doesn't have that much movement even in 20 mph winds.

Yeah, the drones only a couple weeks old I’m not sending back to DJI. I would just return it. I wish I never sold my Mavic three.

Yeah, the drones only a couple weeks old I’m not sending back to DJI. I would just return it. I wish I never sold my Mavic three.
The 3 and 3Pro are pretty much the same drones sans the camera module. My hypotesis is that M3Pro is not as well balanced for CG as is the original 3. The front motors now have to work harder than the rear ones to compensate for the heavy camera at the front. That could be possibly one contributing factor for the floating hover. The IMU must be working much harder and just can't keep up, or the software has not been tweaked for this yet. I know it is a long shot🤔

Reactions: Point Zero
The 3 and 3Pro are pretty much the same drones sans the camera module. My hypotesis is that M3Pro is not as well balanced for CG as is the original 3. The front motors now have to work harder than the rear ones to compensate for the heavy camera at the front. That could be possibly one contributing factor for the floating hover. The IMU must be working much harder and just can't keep up, or the software has not been tweaked for this yet. I know it is a long shot🤔
My 3 was the most stable DJI drone I ever owned going back to Phantom 2.

Brutal Timelapses continue. Look at this movement in a short clip. It's raising in Altitude, moving, just a MESS. Guess I'm gonna return the drone. I might go back to the Mavic 3. Way more stable. I highly doubt this is just my drone. I'm 1 for 10 in a usable clip.

B, it should be much more stable! That is horrible. For comparison, this was shot last November with my Air 2S. Notice the cell towers on the horizon. Perfectly stable.

Reactions: bkushner
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes