DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS disconnects constantly with Mavic 3 Pro

AtortPhotography

Reactions
Anyone else having GPS Disconnects a lot with their Mavic 3 Pro's? I'm getting them with 22 satellites how is that even possible?!? Feels like it did when they released the Mavic 3 initially like beta testing it.

Attachments

• IMG_1136.png
    IMG_1136.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 15
Anyone else having GPS Disconnects a lot with their Mavic 3 Pro's? I'm getting them with 22 satellites how is that even possible?!? Feels like it did when they released the Mavic 3 initially like beta testing it.
It would be possible with a faulty GPS receiver or a bad cable connection.
It's definitely not normal.
By all reports, the Mavic 3 pro is flying perfectly for most users.

I just bought a new RC pro and had that happened to me for the first time yesterday I was in clear sight of my drone not very far away. I think the GPS signal is part of the drone function and not the RC pro but I had a lot of strange issues yesterday. It was cloudy overhead. I’ve never had that happen before with my mavthree or Avata or any of my other drones

Your RC-pro and your drone each have GPS receivers.

Cloud cover makes no difference to GPS.
Good to know. I had a lot of trouble with the RC Pro that I have never seen before. My video feed "skipped" at times and several times it just seemed to lock up. Hitting return to home got it back. When in 7x the drone would drift the view slowly as if the left stick was being pushed but this only happened when in 7x. No clue. It's new via Amazon so I will test some more and see if it warrants a return. A friend with a new M3P and RC Pro lost signal to his drone when his RC Pro was very close by in direct line of sight....several times. So very odd...and off topic. Sry 'bout that.

got the Mavic 3 Pro, dod the RC controller make an audible about losing GPS? I had mine break POI lock a couple of times this week. it also was 11m above water doing a pano of a lighthouse (auto wide angle) and it dropped in alt to 6m before I canceled the pano and gave it full throttle up. I luckily was not watching the screen or I might have been late in reacting...
I also was trying to learn the POI function and it would start rotating around the lighthouse (small one 30' tall) so nothing to get in the way and it would just lose track of it... I don't know if any of these could be related to the GPS issue of the OP but I thought I would chime in and see if mine is related... OR just to let him know he is not alone...

This has started happening with my Mavic 3 Classic, only since the latest update. Before it never lost GPS connection, but now, every once in awhile it will say GPS signal lost even with 24 satelites, then bam, it connects right away again, so I don't think this issue is happening solely with the Pro.

only since the latest update
This could be a reasonable example of why waiting for update information to be collected prior to clicking that button. Hopefully this possible bug gets the proper attention by the appropriate fixers.

I just bought a new RC pro and had that happened to me for the first time yesterday I was in clear sight of my drone not very far away. I think the GPS signal is part of the drone function and not the RC pro but I had a lot of strange issues yesterday. It was cloudy overhead. I’ve never had that happen before with my mavthree or Avata or any of my other drones
Just to state the obvious, make sure the antenna are perpendicular to LOS, I've had a couple of "weak signal" (or something similar) messages when the drone is quite close but above my head and the antenna were pointing straight up.

Another possible cause is solar flares, we have been going through a high cycle and it has caused radio blackouts. Spaceweather.com can keep you alerted to them. Just a thought....
I wonder how many of us check the Kp Index before a flight, I stupidly check it afterwards the flight in Airdata. Need to add it to my checklist

I wonder how many of us check the Kp Index before a flight, I stupidly check it afterwards the flight in Airdata. Need to add it to my checklist
Don't bother.
In the eight years I've been flying drones and analysing data from flight incidents, I've never seen a single incident or heard a credible report of one that was caused by a high Kp index.
The description provided by the OP doesn't sound like anything that could be attributable to a high Kp index and until the OP gets around to posting flight data, all the uninformed guesses are just a distraction.

got the Mavic 3 Pro, dod the RC controller make an audible about losing GPS? I had mine break POI lock a couple of times this week. it also was 11m above water doing a pano of a lighthouse (auto wide angle) and it dropped in alt to 6m before I canceled the pano and gave it full throttle up. I luckily was not watching the screen or I might have been late in reacting...
I also was trying to learn the POI function and it would start rotating around the lighthouse (small one 30' tall) so nothing to get in the way and it would just lose track of it... I don't know if any of these could be related to the GPS issue of the OP but I thought I would chime in and see if mine is related... OR just to let him know he is not alone...
no audible

Just to state the obvious, make sure the antenna are perpendicular to LOS, I've had a couple of "weak signal" (or something similar) messages when the drone is quite close but above my head and the antenna were pointing straight up.
I had my eye on that issue. I was oriented properly.

I don't know if any of these could be related to the GPS issue of the OP but I thought I would chime in and see if mine is related...
GPS is only used in horizontal positioning and has nothing to do with maintaining altitude.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13