DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID - Mini 3 Pro, EU

Sander Thu

Reactions
Hey,

Does anyone know if Remote ID is coming for the Mini 3 Pro? So far it doesn't show the option on my smart controller like it does on my Mavic 3 Pro.
I do quite a few operations in specific category. Which makes RID mandatory, even though the drone is sub 250g. For now, I use my Mavic for operations within specific, but a lot of the time I find the Mini 3 Pro more suitable and would have used the mini.

1. Do anyone know if there will be an update with RID coming for the Mini 3 pro? When?
2. Do anyone know of any third-party software that could enable the transponder/ RID? e.g. Litchi.

Thanks!

Hey,

Does anyone know if Remote ID is coming for the Mini 3 Pro? So far it doesn't show the option on my smart controller like it does on my Mavic 3 Pro.
I do quite a few operations in specific category. Which makes RID mandatory, even though the drone is sub 250g. For now, I use my Mavic for operations within specific, but a lot of the time I find the Mini 3 Pro more suitable and would have used the mini.

1. Do anyone know if there will be an update with RID coming for the Mini 3 pro? When?
2. Do anyone know of any third-party software that could enable the transponder/ RID? e.g. Litchi.

Thanks!
As one Noob to another, I have read that the mini 3 pro has RID installed, so it needs to be activated, but I don't know how that works. A guy from the States said he registered with the serial number. I have both mini 3 pro and Air 2S and neither show RID even though it's supposed to be installed. Confused. Sorry.

Reactions: careless
I just checked my drones’ registrations on faadronezone and my Mini 3 Pro has a serial number beginning with 1581F which means RID is onboard. I had to manually change the S/N’s of my Mavic 2’s on the registration page by adding the 1581F prefix (and 0 at the end if I remember correctly) after upgrading the firmware but I did not have to do that with my Mini 3 Pro.

I have not verified that any of them actually show up on a RID app though. Anyone have a good suggestion for such an app?

The Mini 3 Pro does NOT currently have remote ID activated for EU. That's the current line from the DJI mods (who respond as if they were bots, but appear to be actual humans) over on the DJI website. They hint or imply that remote ID will be enabled for the EU at some point but they don't say that explicitly and of course they do not say anything about when that might happen (I can understand that, they're just worker bees and are not going to make news by spilling secrets about unannounced updates). I'm hoping there's a firmware update soon that enables RID in the EU.

Given that the Mini 3 Pro does have remote ID enabled in the USA (assuming you have current firmware), but it only works when you have one of the "Plus" batteries installed, if you fly with the standard battery, remote ID is disabled...I have no idea what to expect in the EU if/when DJI enables remote ID.

FWIW, DJI mods claim that remote ID is enabled in Japan and now is working, but I don't know if that's battery-dependent there too. (I live in the USA and am going to Japan with my Mini 3 Pro in a few weeks....and going to France in September...).

If you want remote ID to work in the EU, I'd suggest you to please go over to the DJI forum and make some noise there, asking them to share WHEN remote ID will be enabled in the EU (and if it will depend on battery type). I can't get a straight answer out of them, they respond with cheerful double-talk and useless nonsense.

The Mini 3 Pro does NOT currently have remote ID activated for EU. That's the current line from the DJI mods (who respond as if they were bots, but appear to be actual humans) over on the DJI website. They hint or imply that remote ID will be enabled for the EU at some point but they don't say that explicitly and of course they do not say anything about when that might happen (I can understand that, they're just worker bees and are not going to make news by spilling secrets about unannounced updates). I'm hoping there's a firmware update soon that enables RID in the EU.

Given that the Mini 3 Pro does have remote ID enabled in the USA (assuming you have current firmware), but it only works when you have one of the "Plus" batteries installed, if you fly with the standard battery, remote ID is disabled...I have no idea what to expect in the EU if/when DJI enables remote ID.

FWIW, DJI mods claim that remote ID is enabled in Japan and now is working, but I don't know if that's battery-dependent there too. (I live in the USA and am going to Japan with my Mini 3 Pro in a few weeks....and going to France in September...).

If you want remote ID to work in the EU, I'd suggest you to please go over to the DJI forum and make some noise there, asking them to share WHEN remote ID will be enabled in the EU (and if it will depend on battery type). I can't get a straight answer out of them, they respond with cheerful double-talk and useless nonsense.
Oh bloody hell, this is getting ridiculous. The plus battery puts the Mini 3 pro over the 250g limit and therefore out of the Class 0 range, so now we will be broadcasting our location as illegal pilots! (tongue in cheek-y).
Nice post Aerophile, thanks!

Reactions: Bernard
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400