DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got a Mavic 3 Pro, upgraded from Mini 3 Pro. Battery charger recommendation? Any other accessories?

wrybread

Reactions
About 6 months ago I flew my Mini 3 Pro with someone who had a Mavic 3 Pro and one look at that zoom and I knew it was only a matter of time before I upgraded, ha. I just pulled the trigger and got the Mavic 3 Pro with Fly More. I'm somewhat kicking myself for not getting the RC Pro remote, I'll probably get one soon but for now I'm using the RC.
I haven't done many flights with the Mavic yet but one thing is obvious: I'm going to need another battery charger, and maybe more batteries. I mostly use my drone to film surf, and when the surf gets good and the lighting is just right it's nice to have the option of flying almost continuously, meaning enough batteries and chargers that I always have a fresh battery. I can mostly do that with my Mini 3 Pro with two chargers, 3 regular batteries and one long range battery. So I'd like to get another charger for the Mavic. Does anyone have a recommendation? Even a single bank charger is fine. And how'd the long range battery for the Mavic? Does it make a big difference? I love the long range battery for my Mini 3p.

Any any recommendation for a case? I'm thinking about getting a padded case since this drone is just so pretty. And pricey. Would love to keep it as pristine as possible.

Any other accessories people like for the Mavic?

Congratulations on your M3P purchase
The drone is so Addictive - You Must have at least two More Batteries

You May consider some Filters...

I have used the DJI RC -... But downgraded my choise of Remote to RC-N1 (No Screen)

So I have the Excellent options of My bigger Phone or Tablet ...
and to Wirelessly Cast to Big Screen LIVE

THis also allows GOOGLE MAPS to be used instead of the 'Very Weak' Dji-RC MAPS Option

Good Luck with your Drone
Fly SAFE

Reactions: GadgetGuy
> But downgraded my choise of Remote to RC-N1 (No Screen)

Awesome, me too. I use an N1 with my 12.9" iPad Pro. So nice to have that extra screen real estate.

Awesome idea about wirelessly casting. Is that with an Android gizmo or iOS? I keep meaning to figure out how to cast from my iPad.

I currently have 3 batteries. Do you think I need two additional, or at least 3 total?

Good call on the filters. It came with a small set of ND filters, I think ND8, 16, 32 and 64. I can't tell if they're polarized or not.

If you can afford it, get the RC Pro. MUCH better and more capaple than any of the others. I have this charger, it works AC or DC/car.

You may try a similar one that also charges the controller.

If you can afford it, get the RC Pro. MUCH better and more capable than any of the others. I have this charger, it works AC or DC/car.

You may try a similar one that also charges the controller.
All except for the crappy RC Pro satellite maps from Map Tiler. The resolution is dismal, compared to the stellar Google Maps on iOS when using the RC-N1. Sad. However, the "Normal" maps on the RC Pro are still in high resolution with detailed transparent building outlines, but no color at all to distinguish land from water.

Last edited:
Big Surf most likely means a once in a lifetime event and that is when you really need the Resuce Jacket or Rescue Pod to save the adventure. The Rescue Pods are a perfect for that , offer a small footprint at 0.3 ounces and a Stream Line design to save the SD card and your drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, and Save the SD card .

Big Surf most likely means a once in a lifetime event and that is when you really need the Resuce Jacket or Rescue Pod to save the adventure. The Rescue Pods are a perfect for that , offer a small footprint at 0.3 ounces and a Stream Line design to save the SD card and your drone.

Phantomrain.org
Indeed. Just don't expect it to continue to float on the surface in the middle of big surf! It'll get sucked into churn just like the surfers! If you are lucky, it will probably wash up on the beach, eventually, like the broken boards! Ideally, it will stay in the air so you can keep shooting, and not worry about the corrosive salt spray.

Phantomrain.org

Funny story. When I first started filming friends surf via drone I was always hundreds of feet above them to keep the drone safe. Like this:

But eventually I got more comfortable filming up close. Then one day I was filming a friend, the surf was really small, I got too comfortable, and I looked away for a moment and when I looked back there was a wave coming right for me, all I saw was whitewater coming towards the screen and then screen went horribly black. That was the last I ever saw that drone, ha. Thankfully DJI were rockstars and replaced that Mini 3 Pro within days.

Is this the Resuce Pod that you recommend?

and Save the SD card

Agreed.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Funny story. When I first started filming friends surf via drone I was always hundreds of feet above them to keep the drone safe. Like this:

But eventually I got more comfortable filming up close. Then one day I was filming a friend, the surf was really small, I got too comfortable, and I looked away for a moment and when I looked back there was a wave coming right for me, all I saw was whitewater coming towards the screen and then screen went horribly black. That was the last I ever saw that drone, ha. Thankfully DJI were rockstars and replaced that Mini 3 Pro within days.

Is this the Resuce Pod that you recommend?

Agreed.

That is the Rescue Jacket is for landing on the water and taking off again. the Rescue Pod is designed for an Emergency Float. as in the this video below , its half the weight of the Rescue Jacket , the nice part is you can add the Rescue Jacket Parts to the Rescue Pod when needed and make the Recue Jacket . The New Pods are even lighter at 3 ounces for the Mavic Series Drones.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Example of the Pod in action with the Phatnom 4 , a much heavier drone.

> But downgraded my choise of Remote to RC-N1 (No Screen)

Awesome, me too. I use an N1 with my 12.9" iPad Pro. So nice to have that extra screen real estate.

Awesome idea about wirelessly casting. Is that with an Android gizmo or iOS? I keep meaning to figure out how to cast from my iPad.

I currently have 3 batteries. Do you think I need two additional, or at least 3 total?

Good call on the filters. It came with a small set of ND filters, I think ND8, 16, 32 and 64. I can't tell if they're polarized or not.
Hello, if they are polarized they will have some marks to show which way the polarization is and the ability to rotate the front element.

About 6 months ago I flew my Mini 3 Pro with someone who had a Mavic 3 Pro and one look at that zoom and I knew it was only a matter of time before I upgraded, ha. I just pulled the trigger and got the Mavic 3 Pro with Fly More. I'm somewhat kicking myself for not getting the RC Pro remote, I'll probably get one soon but for now I'm using the RC.
I haven't done many flights with the Mavic yet but one thing is obvious: I'm going to need another battery charger, and maybe more batteries. I mostly use my drone to film surf, and when the surf gets good and the lighting is just right it's nice to have the option of flying almost continuously, meaning enough batteries and chargers that I always have a fresh battery. I can mostly do that with my Mini 3 Pro with two chargers, 3 regular batteries and one long range battery. So I'd like to get another charger for the Mavic. Does anyone have a recommendation? Even a single bank charger is fine. And how'd the long range battery for the Mavic? Does it make a big difference? I love the long range battery for my Mini 3p.

Any any recommendation for a case? I'm thinking about getting a padded case since this drone is just so pretty. And pricey. Would love to keep it as pristine as possible.

I've been very happy with this case for the Mini 3 Pro.

That is the Rescue Jacket is for landing on the water and taking off again. the Rescue Pod is designed for an Emergency Float. as in the this video below , its half the weight of the Rescue Jacket , the nice part is you can add the Rescue Jacket Parts to the Rescue Pod when needed and make the Recue Jacket . The New Pods are even lighter at 3 ounces for the Mavic Series Drones.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Example of the Pod in action with the Phatnom 4 , a much heavier drone.

I kept expecting it to come up with a fish, every time it took a dive like a pelican! LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org

You need a good 65W PD charger, maybe one for the car (12V DC powered) and one for home (AC powered). There are a few that will charge multiple batteries as once and are convertible to 12V (lighter socket) or AC but I find them too big to travel with
As for a single charger, I bought this one:
But there are a few others with the same design. I like the one I bought because it's a metal housing.

There are NO extended batteries for the Mavic 3

Reactions: shb and GadgetGuy
You need a good 65W PD charger, maybe one for the car (12V DC powered) and one for home (AC powered). There are a few that will charge multiple batteries as once and are convertible to 12V (lighter socket) or AC but I find them too big to travel with
As for a single charger, I bought this one:
But there are a few others with the same design. I like the one I bought because it's a metal housing.

There are NO extended batteries for the Mavic 3
The one you purchased is the same one I have, too, bought solely to be able to discharge a Mavic 3 battery from 96% to 95% when used as a power bank in the charger, with an iPad plugged into it, and being charged. Takes about 5 minutes. Only by first discharging to 95% can you top off your 96% battery to 100% between days 3 and 9 after the last full charge.

Reactions: Kiwicbrthou
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas