DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Timid

Jah Tut

Reactions
Hi.
I tried flying FPV for the past year. But I’ve given that up as it’s too difficult.
I got a DJI Mini 2 a couple of weeks ago and I’m loving it.
What I’m wondering is: how reliable the RC connection in short distances? Have any of you lost connection when flying under good conditions for no reason?
I found the FPV RC connection I used to have was so bad I was always afraid of going any distance.
So far the Mini is solid, but I’m worried about being over confident.

Thanks.

Reactions: Hauptmann
The range of Mini 2 under no-interference condition is 10 km and I can assure you that this can be achieved in live environments.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.
The difference in your Mini 2 is a different signal which is OcuSync 2.0 .

WELCOME to the forum!! The mini 2 is a great little bird, enjoy.

What kind of FPV drone set up did you have?

WELCOME to the forum!! The mini 2 is a great little bird, enjoy.

What kind of FPV drone set up did you have?

Nothing special, I was just dipping my toes. A Cinebee and a Tinyhawk II.
I hated always worrying about the batteries and never trusted the RC.

I should have bought a DJI to start.

Reactions: Hauptmann and A.O.
Hi Jah. The Occusync connection is rock solid - so you can be confident in it (but never be over-confident in anything). The Mini 2's build is also great, as you're finding out for yourself.

The only thing we are slightly sensitive to - having only used a Phantom 4 Pro Plus, which is much heavier - is remembering to assess the headwind on returning back, before taking off.

I'm 2 months in owning the mini 2 - and loving it. Rock solid - no issues - connections never ever dropped. However - I still struggle with confidence issues when flying over water or long distance. Keep expecting it to drop out of the sky and be lost! Sure the confidence will come.

Hi.
I tried flying FPV for the past year. But I’ve given that up as it’s too difficult.
I got a DJI Mini 2 a couple of weeks ago and I’m loving it.
What I’m wondering is: how reliable the RC connection in short distances? Have any of you lost connection when flying under good conditions for no reason?
I found the FPV RC connection I used to have was so bad I was always afraid of going any distance.
So far the Mini is solid, but I’m worried about being over confident.

Thanks.
I am a newbie but I have never most connection. Flying about a month and pushed it out near recommended limit. It is an awesome first drone.

Welcome to the forum, from Hauptmann, in the friendly skies of North Texas!

Try flying with other, more experienced people. Watching them, you'll be encouraged to be more courageous. You'll find that you really can trust the Mini 2 with OcuSync 2!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming