DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TIP: How to record Easy Acro maneuvers on Avata 2

Droning on and on...

Reactions
In trying to keep us from recording Easy Acro maneuvers (why, DJI?), they missed plugging one hole.

Avata 2 won't let you enable Easy Acro if you're recording video. If you have Easy Acro enabled, it won't let you start recording. Bummer! I want to use those gimmicks in videos, especially the 180° drift. That one's cool, and tough to reproduce with sticks (impossible with the MC3).

Here's how you get around it: Enable Automatic Recording on takeoff. Enable Easy Acro before starting the motors. Take off, have fun doing Easy Acro tricks, all recorded against DJI's wishes!

In my own, personal, subjective opinion: Flips are pretty stupid, you lose interest after doing a few, and cinematically useless they're so fast. The 180° drift, on the other hand, has a lot of cinematic potential 😁

Reactions: mavic3usa
Yeah, what possible reason could they have for why they don't want people filming that mode ?!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Where was the problem of recording easy acro ? All a user had to do was swtch off recording, switch to easy acro then switch recording back on!

I swear that didn't work for me, but I could be misremembering, and have worked out an unnecessary elaborate method to record... I'll give it a try. 🙂

You may want to share this information in our sister forum for FPV pilots (if you haven't already done so)

I swear that didn't work for me, but I could be misremembering, and have worked out an unnecessary elaborate method to record... I'll give it a try. 🙂

Well, my fuzzy memory deceived me.

You can start recording after enabling Easy Acro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lexchin