DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Titan switch range extender for Mavic 2.

what about taking the page's site to a chinese food rest & ask -
a person to translate it for you, maybe also get to help you order it aswell....?
Its a no go - I would need a friend from China to have it in their carry on and fly to Aus apparently. I've cancelled the whole process and he's paypaled my money back.
Well the titan switch does improve both distance/interference. My range has double using omnidirectional, but that’s dependent on the area it’s being used rural vs urban. I have not used the directional antenna yet because I’m satisfied without it but if the occasion arise I be ready. If you decided to go that route; get the 9dbi whips, it we ease your what if thoughts and get you more gain.
That's the route I'm looking at going - does the amp+omni set up effect or diminish the benefits of ocusync 2.0 in any way? I know having just the whips on doesn't change the ocusync variable band, so does having the amp take away some of the benefits of that?

No fried chicken though

Also had a look on the website, it does say on the extended battery page that it ships to Australia, if you can somehow work out how to send a message? I'm in the UK so not sure if they'll ship here.

Just tried my titan switch system boosted with the 5dbi whips. I'm getting pretty mediocre results - I can barely tell the difference between the stock controller and the boosted with the 5dbis. I also bought additional 9dbi whips, yet the 9dbis are too big for me to realistically take many places (going to NZ). I'm seriously hoping I can return the set up and have the controller returned back to its default state. The modded controllers without the whips attached no longer fit in the fly more bag. Needless to say super disappointed with the performance.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I believe only 5.8. I just shot titan an email, no response yet.

Last edited:
Just tried my titan switch system boosted with the 5dbi whips. I'm getting pretty mediocre results - I can barely tell the difference between the stock controller and the boosted with the 5dbis. I also bought additional 9dbi whips, yet the 9dbis are too big for me to realistically take many places (going to NZ). I'm seriously hoping I can return the set up and have the controller returned back to its default state. The modded controllers without the whips attached no longer fit in the fly more bag. Needless to say super disappointed with the performance.
Hello Man Bear,

I had similar results as you did only I went with the Titan Cyclone, wasn’t impressed. Plus, The weight boy was it heavy. Then, Ordered a set of the taller Duel frequency whips and use these they do have excellent range with no boosters.

I’m finding with the right antenna setup on most controllers, don’t need amplifiers. The taller whips are great with the M2P controller, yes I know they are tall but for an all-purpose antenna they are great.

Good luck,
Paul

NLD should have boost mode pretty soon. 1.5w with stock antenna outperformed switch + ginormous Titan whips on the Mavic pro for me. Ymmv with obstacles and interference.
I like the switch with other decent antennas.

NLD should have boost mode pretty soon. 1.5w with stock antenna outperformed switch + ginormous Titan whips on the Mavic pro for me. Ymmv with obstacles and interference.
I like the switch with other decent antennas.
I've been a customer of NLD for quite some time, the stuff they've done for the mavic pro is fantastic. Unfortunately their current offerings are restricted to one of the earlier firmware versions of the M2, as is the upcoming FCC boost update that will be released. I would like to retain the waypoints and landing features that are offered with the latter versions if possible and I have also noticed there's been a post on the NLD homepage stating there's been a bunch of issues with firmware downgrades bricking the drones. I think I'll wait it out until its properly fleshed out for the M2.
EDIT: noticed they've already released the FCC patch - but still restricted to v01.0.0100 firmware. Hopefully it's not too long before the later versions are supported - no rush for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
I sent 2 e-mails to titan this week to find out if they have any plans to make a titan switch for the smart controller, no reply as yet also, maybe on holiday. if not maybe the Alientech SC modified panel will work with the switch attachments.

I sent 2 e-mails to titan this week to find out if they have any plans to make a titan switch for the smart controller, no reply as yet also, maybe on holiday. if not maybe the Alientech SC modified panel will work with the switch attachments.

I messaged them through the website earlier this week asking if Titan switch would be coming to the SC anytime soon. They replied saying if soon means the next 2, 3 or 4 weeks then no.

It's 2.4, well at least for me it was - you need to change the settings in the DJI app to only be in 2.4 when using the amp - Otherwise it cuts out after about 100m. Without the amp it can use occusync 2 with variable bands - so theoretically with the higher DBI whips you should get better range. Definitely wasn't worth it for me, although a lot of people seem to think otherwise. I might just have had a faulty amp or something. I've returned it now anyway.

It's 2.4, well at least for me it was - you need to change the settings in the DJI app to only be in 2.4 when using the amp - Otherwise it cuts out after about 100m. Without the amp it can use occusync 2 with variable bands - so theoretically with the higher DBI whips you should get better range. Definitely wasn't worth it for me, although a lot of people seem to think otherwise. I might just have had a faulty amp or something. I've returned it now anyway.

Right, if it was my guess I’d say you got a faulty amp. Any antenna that is boosted will out perform stock one any day. Whoever tells you different is full of it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro