DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Titan whip antenna review

AR15Keef

Reactions
This is a very unscientific review. I wanted the switch system but my money isn't right at the moment. My fun funds aren't what they used to be. Anyways, in anticipation for getting the switch amp, I ordered the whips for the time being (5dbi and 7dbi). Since I work so much I had Titan install the mod in my RC (after a bunch of back and forth messages I was amazed at their customer service, so paying them for the install was easy). I live in a VERY urban environment (Miami). When at home I can fly down a canal easement to test things without worry of flying over houses or people. With the stock antenna I got around 10,000ft away. With the 5dbi whips I was able to reach 11,846ft. And with the 7dbi I was able to reach 13,278ft away. Pretty good for just an antenna with no amplification I think (considering my environment). Now, I did use those cheap parabolic reflectors with the stock antenna and I got out to 14,xxxft. Not sure if that was luck or what. I know this won't impress most people in this section I just thought I'd share. Oh, this was on a M2P.

Ahh, that Occusync 2 paired with the with the whips or amp is quit amazing.

I have the MP1 with the Titan Switch. Overall, I’m very happy with this item. Haven’t tested range with different setups yet. Perhaps, I will tomorrow and post the results As you may know, there are many variables when dealing with range.

I have the MP1 with the Titan Switch. Overall, I’m very happy with this item. Haven’t tested range with different setups yet. Perhaps, I will tomorrow and post the results As you may know, there are many variables when dealing with range.

So many variables. Let me know how your testing goes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo