DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To buy refurbished directly from DJI or not?

blackbirdsr72

Reactions
Good day. Would you buy a Mavic 3 Refurbished from DJI given the circumstance that you will never be able to return it due to the fact that it will travel to another country permanently where DJI does not operate? Or should you just buy new?

For those purposes, might as well buy Refurbished, as new will have the exact same issue, and every Refurb is individually bench tested before certification by DJI. Both slso have the exact same warranty.

Use the same analogy as buying a vehicle: new or used.
A drone is jus another electronic item. Would you buy a new or used TV?
For me, it's new.
Individuals have different philosophies regarding new or used; it's just a personal preference.

Reactions: blackbirdsr72
For those purposes, might as well buy Refurbished, as new will have the exact same issue, and every Refurb is individually bench tested before certification by DJI. Both slso have the exact same warranty.
That's what I thought as well. The price difference is not huge but still very noticeable.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Good day. Would you buy a Mavic 3 Refurbished from DJI given the circumstance that you will never be able to return it due to the fact that it will travel to another country permanently where DJI does not operate? Or should you just buy new?
If I were to put a refurbished and a new drone in either of your hands without telling you which one was which you’d find it very hard if not impossible to tell the difference after viewing and flying.

I have always bought new, but, would still accept a refurbished drone from DJI…ONLY. My opinion only.
🇨🇦👍

I bought a factory refurbed M3 last month and it looks perfect, same as new. The only difference was it came in a plain white package. It performs flawlessly. The battery had no cycles on it. For me, it was worth the savings over the price of the new one.

Use the same analogy as buying a vehicle: new or used.
A drone is jus another electronic item. Would you buy a new or used TV?
For me, it's new.
Individuals have different philosophies regarding new or used; it's just a personal preference.
DJI Refurbished drones are not used. They are unflown drones, returned within 7 days of purchase from DJI. Legally, they cannot be resold as new, so they are bench tested, and repackaged as Refurbished. You will not be able to tell the difference.

For clarity, when you buy a new drone from DJI, if there are ever any warranty issues, or you use DJI Care insurance, you always get back a Refurbished drone, never new, after the first 30 days! That is the only difference! Same 12 month warranty, and fully eligible for DJI Care purchase. Might as well start out with a Refurbished drone and save $500!

It is only the lack of availability at release of Refurbished versions that prevents everyone from benefiting from the Refurbished savings. This time, available Refurbished Mavic 3's were actually $50 cheaper than the comparable brand new Mavic 3 Classic with the RC-N1 at release, getting the 7x telephoto for FREE!

If I were to put a refurbished and a new drone in either of your hands without telling you which one was which you’d find it very hard if not impossible to tell the difference after viewing and flying.

I have always bought new, but, would still accept a refurbished drone from DJI…ONLY. My opinion only.
🇨🇦👍
Thank you! I haven't heard enough negative experiences about DJI factory refurbished drones so far. I will probably go for it.

I bought a factory refurbed M3 last month and it looks perfect, same as new. The only difference was it came in a plain white package. It performs flawlessly. The battery had no cycles on it. For me, it was worth the savings over the price of the new one.
Good to hear that. Thank you so much for your information. Happy flying 👍

I’m a big fan of refurbished. If you buy new, it comes off an assembly line, while if you buy refurbished, it gets individual attention. YVRguy hit the nail on the head when he said you’d never know the difference between refurbished and new. The same thing goes for camera equipment.

Last edited:
I’m a big fan of refurbished. If you buy new, it comes off an assembly line, while if you buy refurbished, it gets individual attention. YVRguy hit the nail on the head when he said you’d never know the difference between refurbished and new. The same thing goes for camera equipment.
Waiting for the M3 refurb to be available.

Waiting for the M3 refurb to be available.
It was already available before the Mavic 3 Classic release. It was even $1549 on eBay from DJI while the exact same Classic configuration new was $1599 several weeks ago! Every M3 Classic buyer could have bought a Refurbished Mavic 3 instead for less, saving money, and getting the 7x telephoto camera for FREE!

Last edited:
It was already available before the Mavic 3 Classic release. It was even $1549 on eBay from DJI while the exact same Classic configuration new was $1599 several weeks ago! Every M3 Classic buyer could have bought a Refurbished Mavic 3 instead for less, saving money, and getting the 7x telephoto camera for FREE!

I have been tracking the DJI store for the last 3 weeks and it is not available there, the fly more combo also sold out soon after I started tracking.

1672322791882.png

I have been tracking the DJI store for the last 3 weeks and it is not available there, the fly more combo also sold out soon after I started tracking.

View attachment 158807
Here you go!
Drone Nerds still has all configurations of the Refurbished original Mavic 3!
Drone Nerds for the win!

• Love
Reactions: blackbirdsr72
Here you go!
Drone Nerds still has all configurations of the Refurbished original Mavic 3!
Drone Nerds for the win!
Oh sorry to have you mention the link twice. Thanks again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329