DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To good to be true is always suspicious,

Reactions: old man mavic
@M38a11963 thanks for sharing ,sad part is ,although we as drone flyers of Genuine DJI products know its a scam ,its those innocent members of the public ,who don,t ,that i feel sorry for

Most would know to look out for the domain variances to normal . . . but like phishing emails, these bottom feeding scammers rely on just a couple of % of recipients to be sucked in.
Copying photos, wording, specs etc in this ad, there is total doubt there are even cheap wifi cloned drones sent out, probably just a scam the $ and close up shop a week later, new spoofed domain, and continue the cycle.
Sad way to make your way in the world.

Probably the actual manufacturing cost before markups. :D

I don't understand this type of scam The prices are so ridicolous that no one in their right mind would even consider responding to this. It is just stupid
A far more clever scam would be to advertise these drones for a price around 20-25 percent lower than normal prices. Many would not be very suspicious, it is not unlikely with such a discount.

One of the best scams I have heard of was a few years ago, a netshop in a European country selling cameras for a very good price. Not ridicolously low, but 15-20 percent lower than normal. People ordered, and they got their cameras, no problem. They got a good reputation, and they got more and more customers. After a few months they had thousands of orders (and lots of money). Suddenly they stopped sending out the orders, and for a while they excused to the customers, sorry for the delay and blabla. When their reputation got worse and worse and they stopped getting orders, they took down the website and left the country with all the money - which was a huge amount. A good plan and a well executed scam.

Oh, they’ll make some money on this scam. It’s too easy for people to see and believe what they want to see and believe.

It’s what makes skin creams, hair growing products, and E.D. cures sell.

Unfortunately too many people get exploited by this flaw. One cure is having someone bring attention to it.

Thanks!

Thanks for the PSA! Although this is an obvious scam to all of us, unfortunately there are many gullible people in the world. 🙁.

I sincerely hope that karma comes back to people like this!

It looks totally legit to me, as long as you realize that they're showing prices in Hong Kong dollars... 😛

[Edit - whoops, that only works if the exchange rate is the other way around. Oh well, you get the idea...]

With all the talk about AI, you would think someone could create an algorithm that would filter out fake ads like this

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer