DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

to keep or to return mini

tinker

Reactions
i bought one a few days back.... have been reading these forms for 5 days now...50% crash, 50 almost crash, 50% they fly, ok i know that 150%......is it what?.......wrote to DJI and asked what to use, phone, table whats best, they havent written back and i am sure they wont, in they info there no real help as whats best to use or dont use....for over 550.00 theres got to be the right way and the crash way........after flying RC planes for 40 years this i thought would be cut and dry

I don't have a Mini, so take this with a grain or two. (I used to have the original Phantom and now a Mavic 2 Pro.

It probably doesn't much matter what compatible display you use, so long as you can see it okay. You're a big leg up having flown RC for all those years. Just take you time and progress with baby steps. Keep it in sight, don't do stupid stuff and you won't (like me) have stupid crashes.

they give you a manual to explain the basics, but it is then down to you how you fly the thing in fact they go even further and make videos with tips on flying ,but what you use for a screen and a cable to connect to the controller is really down to you, if you choose not to use a small device that will fit in the arms, they have no control over android devices operating systems as there are so many different ones out there, and they have no control on how people use their products ,and when they do put restrictions in place to prevent take off, then all it does is cause people to complain about it at the end of the day they are never going to please everyone

Reactions: StubbornSwiss
they give you a manual to explain the basics, but it is then down to you how you fly the thing in fact they go even further and make videos with tips on flying ,but what you use for a screen and a cable to connect to the controller is really down to you, if you choose not to use a small device that will fit in the arms, they have no control over android devices operating systems as there are so many different ones out there, and they have no control on how people use their products ,and when they do put restrictions in place to prevent take off, then all it does is cause people to complain about it at the end of the day they are never going to please everyone
i understand that to a point, but there are tabs and phones that will not work, so in that thought are you to go out and buy them all and get lucky to find one that works, seems to me they would give you a list of tabs and phones one could use, and you use? for your mini

i bought one a few days back.... have been reading these forms for 5 days now...50% crash, 50 almost crash, 50% they fly, ok i know that 150%......is it what?.......wrote to DJI and asked what to use, phone, table whats best, they havent written back and i am sure they wont, in they info there no real help as whats best to use or dont use....for over 550.00 theres got to be the right way and the crash way........after flying RC planes for 40 years this i thought would be cut and dry
I just sent mine back it's winter and it will be months before I can fly it
by then it will be too late to send it back. If it would of worked with my
android phone or tablet I might not of sent it back.
I'm going to buy another one when they have all the kinks worked out.

i understand that to a point, but there are tabs and phones that will not work, so in that thought are you to go out and buy them all and get lucky to find one that works, seems to me they would give you a list of tabs and phones one could use, and you use? for your mini
there are lists of devices that will work Msinger does one

I just returned 2(one for me and one for my father) for that same reason. Out of the 8 devices I own, some less than a year old the only one that "worked" was my iPad mini and even that there was a black border around it so I couldn't x out of the settings screen.
Big disappointment

So far, I have had my MM work with a Samsung Galaxy S7 and Note 9 android). I have also used an I phone SE i think it is (bought as an ATT go phone/pay as you go) and an I pad air. I like the larger screen on the I pad but it is a little to big for my taste. So at some point I am hoping to get ahold of an I pad mini for the in between size scree.

So far, I have had my MM work with a Samsung Galaxy S7 and Note 9 android). I have also used an I phone SE i think it is (bought as an ATT go phone/pay as you go) and an I pad air. I like the larger screen on the I pad but it is a little to big for my taste. So at some point I am hoping to get ahold of an I pad mini for the in between size scree.
so these 3 did work the SE i wouldnt do, did you have any problems?

The DjI Fly app works fine with my new OnePlus 7 Pro running Android 10, my previous Pixel 2 XL also running Android 10, and my wife's LG G6 running Android 9.

I haven't tested our Galaxy Tab S2 running Android 8 yet, as it is too big to fit on the controller.

Reactions: thermalflyer
There's a list of compatible devices on the dji-fly page of the DJI website!
If you buy a mini without bothering to look, well, that's pretty much on you. :D

You can get to that thru the DJI MM page (top right, next to FAQs)

it is updated (daily)

Except it's not updated daily. I've mentioned to the author many times (including his thread on here asking what devices work) what devices I use that work, and none of them have been put on that list.

Reactions: Thanev
Did you 2x the mini iPad ? I have one and the screen is plenty big. I have a phone 10 and I don’t mind that screen.

I think what is being referred to is the difference of the screen settings for say a Iphone and a ipad, 2x converts the viewing display from iphone display size to ipad size. It would fill the outside boarder by making the image larger, thus filling the screen.
thank you

I really don't understand people that go out spend 3-4-500 1200 dollars and just think their drone will work with what ever device they have, with out doing any research first then come here and cry that there drone doesn't fly. Hey thats on you y a .know do you go buy a stick shift car not know how to drive one. :rolleyes:

Reactions: blakamin
I really don't understand people that go out spend 3-4-500 1200 dollars and just think their drone will work with what ever device they have, with out doing any research first then come here and cry that there drone doesn't fly. Hey thats on you y a .know do you go buy a stick shift car not know how to drive one. :rolleyes:
that was rude, at least i think so, an 2nd i like the idea of people asking for help, i have been in RC for 40 years or more and everytime we get a person we try like hell to make them feel as welcome as we can

It's frustrating. My original iphone worked with the P3 but I had to get a later edition for the Air. Then..you have to have your drone powered up to use a lot of the setting's in the app or, in fact, learn it.. and then ...you can't see it very well. Let's face it...it can be downright scary at times. Shade is your friend. Patience is a distinct must!

Reactions: whitleyphoto
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_