DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To those who have Fly More Combo...

Because when I use that paint stick and put a number on it.....it's much easier for htese old eyes to read than the serial number. I do use Air Data and my batteries are named with the drone type and corresponing painted number.

Most definitely, I completely understand that and should or when my eyes get that bad and my glasses can’t do the job, I will use bigger labels and reduce my flight distances for VLOS as well.

WDK

Last edited:
Reactions: SkyeHigh
I’ve used all 3 about 20-25x now. Still working great! But I make sure to drain all juice that’s left on batt to zero with the power bank adapter That comes with the fly more bundle before I charge up. That seems to make them last a bit longer imo.

Reactions: RobertR and Jhun80
I’ve used all 3 about 20-25x now. Still working great! But I make sure to drain all juice that’s left on batt to zero with the power bank adapter That comes with the fly more bundle before I charge up. That seems to make them last a bit longer imo.
Br very careful discharging to zero, once a lipo battery gets below 3.0v per cell it is virtually knackered. 3.3/3.4v should be the very lowest you should drop too. If you carry on discharging to zero, you WILL ruin them! Nominal voltage is 3.7v per cell, which increases slightly with full charge. They work differently than zinc / alkaline, etc.
I've had my three MP1 batteries since 2017, and always land when power level reaches 35/36%. Never had any problems.

I'm so overwhelmed with good and useful information. Thank you guys. Yes, I numbered all my batteries - same with my old drones, and I charged my 3rd one and flew it with my drone.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Br very careful discharging to zero, once a lipo battery gets below 3.0v per cell it is virtually knackered. 3.3/3.4v should be the very lowest you should drop too. If you carry on discharging to zero, you WILL ruin them! Nominal voltage is 3.7v per cell, which increases slightly with full charge. They work differently than zinc / alkaline, etc.
I've had my three MP1 batteries since 2017, and always land when power level reaches 35/36%. Never had any problems.
Thx for your input it’s greatly appreciated I will def be sure not to drain them completely.

Thx for your input it’s greatly appreciated I will def be sure not to drain them completely.
The power bank cutScharging off at around 3-5% it seems so if I let the batteries sit for too long after doing that it could potentially go to bad.

The general consensus to maintaining good battery for drones would be to number them (if you have more than one) and then use them atleast to below 30% and NEVER recharge them directly after flying unless you intend to fly again the same session.

Also never let batteries sit at 100% if they are not going to be used. If they are, charge other devices like your mobile phone to get the charge down below the 30% mark.

I got this from reading the first page. Thank you all for the good information. I'm going to pick up a Mavic Air 2 soon so this is definitely good to know before purchasing.

30% sounds like quite a bit of charge left to still operate the drone. Is it safe to start landing at around 10%? I feel i wouldn't make full use of the drone by starting to land it at 30%.

The general consensus to maintaining good battery for drones would be to number them (if you have more than one) and then use them atleast to below 30% and NEVER recharge them directly after flying unless you intend to fly again the same session.

Also never let batteries sit at 100% if they are not going to be used. If they are, charge other devices like your mobile phone to get the charge down below the 30% mark.

I got this from reading the first page. Thank you all for the good information. I'm going to pick up a Mavic Air 2 soon so this is definitely good to know before purchasing.

30% sounds like quite a bit of charge left to still operate the drone. Is it safe to start landing at around 10%? I feel i wouldn't make full use of the drone by starting to land it at 30%.

I would say it depends on how far you are flying. If I’m within 400ft I can land at 10 percent. If im going more than 3000ft I’ll land at 30 ish.

Reactions: Captain Winkie
Running with 4 batteries here. I numbered them and use them in rotation. 4 seems the optimal number for me to have

maybe a stupid question but here goes. if you feel the need to discharge the battery before storage but not all the way, how do you do that safely to ensure that there's at least acceptable charge in the battery? someone mentioned the fly more combo charger, is discharging the battery one of its features? thanks.

maybe a stupid question but here goes. if you feel the need to discharge the battery before storage but not all the way, how do you do that safely to ensure that there's at least acceptable charge in the battery? someone mentioned the fly more combo charger, is discharging the battery one of its features? thanks.
No, discharging the battery isn't a feature of the charger. The intelligent batteries pretty much take care of themselves if left alone. The only thing you really need to do is make sure you don't completely discharge them by flying until they're right out of charge. Otherwise, as long as you charge them a bit every few months, you should be ok. But hopefully you'll be using your drone enough that storing the batteries for too long won't be an issue.

Reactions: Asaulo1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure