DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Too hot to fly

• Thread starter Deleted member 119987
  • Start date
Can anyone address the heat temps for not flying the mini 3 pro that has no internal fan as do the others. Hmm
I've been flying the Air 2S with iPhone 11 and Mini 3 Pro with DJI RC in Texas with temps of 103-5F at high noon.
Not real long flights - maybe 20 minutes tops. Single battery at work over lunch.
No issues.

Can anyone address the heat temps for not flying the mini 3 pro that has no internal fan as do the others. Hmm
I have the Mavic mini, which has no internal fan, I don't know if the other mini's have fans or not.
I have flown on days of 39c, no problems.

DJI spec for Air 2s is 104F. Even in hot Florida I'm not concerned about temperatures because I would not venture outside when temperature is over 100 degrees. 95F in hot sun is about all my body could take. If you're concerned make sure you use AirData to monitor battery temperatures after your flights so you get an idea what the Air 2S can handle.
Maybe 95 is all someone can take in Florida, but in Arizona, 95 is still very comfortable...most of the year. Not so much right now since we are in the monsoon, but during spring and early summer even 100 degrees is pretty comfortable. In Florida, Georgia, even Alabama, I couldn't spend time outside much over 80 degrees.

As far as the electronics are concerned, I couldn't say. My phone overheats if I'm using it around 100 degrees or more--at least for pictures. I would imagine the drone generating more heat would be even more prone to overheating. Hopefully, there is a message that pops up warning me of pending overheating and lets me fly home before it decides to shut down. Does AirData tell you what internal temperature is too hot for your drone?

Maybe 95 is all someone can take in Florida, but in Arizona, 95 is still very comfortable...most of the year. Not so much right now since we are in the monsoon, but during spring and early summer even 100 degrees is pretty comfortable. In Florida, Georgia, even Alabama, I couldn't spend time outside much over 80 degrees.

As far as the electronics are concerned, I couldn't say. My phone overheats if I'm using it around 100 degrees or more--at least for pictures. I would imagine the drone generating more heat would be even more prone to overheating. Hopefully, there is a message that pops up warning me of pending overheating and lets me fly home before it decides to shut down. Does AirData tell you what internal temperature is too hot for your drone?
AirData will only show maximum battery temperature. Other temperatures may be in the .txt log files but they are not displayed in AirData.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada