DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Too many devices

George51104

Reactions
I love the mini-2. But I wanted the latest app. I tried and tried hour after hour. Battery after battery. Warnings of battery overheating. Blowing into openings to cool battery. Nothing. All I got from "help" was reinstall then just use data instead of WIFI. Deleted, reinstalled, used data. Still no luck even though I live 2 blocks away from my carriers antenna farm.

That got me to thinking. Most people fly from remote locations. Not their driveway a few feet away from their wireless antenna. Then I got the idea let's go way far away from all of the other signals. But close enough to a verizon antenna.

I drove to a park about 20 miles away. Reception and signal seemed strong so I gave it a try. I got the updates started in a micro-second.

So help had the using the data part right, just not the most important part... "the get away from interference part".

I love the mini-2. But I wanted the latest app. I tried and tried hour after hour. Battery after battery. Warnings of battery overheating. Blowing into openings to cool battery. Nothing. All I got from "help" was reinstall then just use data instead of WIFI. Deleted, reinstalled, used data. Still no luck even though I live 2 blocks away from my carriers antenna farm.

That got me to thinking. Most people fly from remote locations. Not their driveway a few feet away from their wireless antenna. Then I got the idea let's go way far away from all of the other signals. But close enough to a verizon antenna.

I drove to a park about 20 miles away. Reception and signal seemed strong so I gave it a try. I got the updates started in a micro-second.

So help had the using the data part right, just not the most important part... "the get away from interference part".
Interesting have never seen this brought up. ?
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
The only other “interference “ that you have to watch for is metal objects at the launch area. Rebar in cement will cause issues believe it or not!

Greetings!

Hello from the Crossroads of America George51104.

Glad you got 'er up and running. ?

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave Cleverley