DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Top-down view of shiploader filling a barge with gravel

Robert Prior

Reactions
I managed to get overhead while a barge was being filled at the Sechelt Shiploader. I didn't know they carried a front-end loader on the barge! I guess it makes sense for offloading, or if they need to shift the load at sea for some reason.

In the distance you can see the town of Sechelt, just past the Deep Sea Terminal and Shiploader, which can accommodate Panamax ships and load aggregates at up to 4000 tonnes per hour.

You can also see the boat launch on shishalh first nation (Sechelt Indian Band) land.

This High Dynamic Range 360° aerial panorama was stitched from 105 bracketed photographs with PTGUI Pro, tone-mapped with Photomatix, processed with Colour Efex, and touched up in Affinity Photo and Aperture.

Larger view here:

Reactions: Nanny Ogg and AlanL
Very impressive.

I'm wondering how it is that the wake of the tug is so sharp. When shooting panos, I've had issues with things that move in the scene being included in multiple frames. A pelican in a harbor shot recently spanned three photos and the stitching blurred portions of it.

Reactions: Dbez1
Nice job. Loved the pano

When shooting panos, I've had issues with things that move in the scene being included in multiple frames. A pelican in a harbor shot recently spanned three photos and the stitching blurred portions of it.
I use PTGUI Pro for stitching, so I can mask items that appear in more than one picture. I also use selective deghosting in Photomatix.

The hardest part was actually the boom of the shiploader, which moved between exposures. I'm not happy with it right now, as the deghosting left it a rather flat grey, but until I can get a shot where it doesn't move (or my post-processing skills improve) this is the best I can do.

Reactions: MS Coast
Very impressive.

I'm wondering how it is that the wake of the tug is so sharp. When shooting panos, I've had issues with things that move in the scene being included in multiple frames. A pelican in a harbor shot recently spanned three photos and the stitching blurred portions of it.
I also was drawn to the wake of the barge.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas