DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Top of Camera with Lots of Scratches out of the box?

Ang

Reactions
Ive had my Mavic for a few months, but just joined here. wondering if anyone else had this problem, mine came with lots of scratches on the top of the camera.20200516_074545.jpg20200516_074804.jpg20200516_074620.jpg

If the camera is sharp, even in focus and does a good job, I would keep it and not worry about the scratches. Just putting on the DJI cover will scratch the top, so it's hard to say when the scratches happened.

For me the camera results are more important. As sometimes getting a DJI camera that's centered and has even focus across the frame is difficult. At least it was for me.

Paul C

Reactions: Thomas B
If the camera is sharp, even in focus and does a good job, I would keep it and not worry about the scratches. Just putting on the DJI cover will scratch the top, so it's hard to say when the scratches happened.

For me the camera results are more important. As sometimes getting a DJI camera that's centered and has even focus across the frame is difficult. At least it was for me.

Paul C
its just cosmetic, doesnt effect use or anything. just wondering if its common. its a lot of scratches.

I noticed scratches on mine after about a year. I put a small piece of slippery plastic tape on the gimbal cover to protect it.

If it came with scratches out of the box contact dji customer service.

If it came with scratches out of the box contact dji customer service.

My take: If it came with scratches out of the box, take or send it back where you bought it and ask for a new one or a full refund. This may depend on where you live, but where I'm at, it's a right by law.

Yours came with the scratches, brand new out of the box?

yep, was like that out of the box. the pictures dont even show well, its more then you can see. i do see people with that problem online but its the plastic somehow scratching it. this was like this. the plastic cover also has even more scratches on it, but im not sure if that was out of the box or from the past few months of use.

My take: If it came with scratches out of the box, take or send it back where you bought it and ask for a new one or a full refund. This may depend on where you live, but where I'm at, it's a right by law.
its been a few months. my only option would be to purchase a new one on amazon and return this one. its just a few scratches, while i was annoyed right out of the box ill be getting the mavic 3 pro (or whatever its called) when it comes out soon enough, and i plan to get a mavic 2 pro enterprise dual soon. not much i can do.

Reactions: Triple r
This is a common problem, I had the same issue with a brand new smart controller combo out of the box, took back 2 units and opened another 2 units in store and they were all scratched up.. I ended up using the smallest bit of car cut and polish and it ended up taking the scratches out. I used half a match head size and made sure it wasnt near any cracks and purely on the surface only and it worked better than I thought.

its been a few months. my only option would be to purchase a new one on amazon and return this one. its just a few scratches, while i was annoyed right out of the box ill be getting the mavic 3 pro (or whatever its called) when it comes out soon enough, and i plan to get a mavic 2 pro enterprise dual soon. not much i can do.
How does that option work? Swap the drone over and hope nobody notices what is sent back isn’t the unit sold in the box? How is that a reasonable solution?

This is a common problem and, as has been said, seemingly has no impact on performance.

Relax and enjoy.

This scratches are a result of very poorly made DJI gimbal cover. Because of that I have decided to purchase a gimbal protector from PolarPro. Still can't believe that DJI made such a clumsy solution.

I agree. I am using the Polar Pro gimbal cover too.

I just bought mine a few days ago, brand new out of the box, scratches on the top as well. I'm assuming it's from the gimbal cover, scratched while being shipped from all the movement. I'm not to concerned about it.

Reactions: TreeHugger
I just got a refresh replacement and it came with a silicone pad on the gimbal cover.

I still use my PP cover.
I too, have different covers - one with silicone - the other has nothing (the older one).
Sounds like we discovered a way to determine something. Like:
M2 dot point something...

Amazing you name 2 aircraft on your buying list that neither which is made or known to be ever produced. :p I wish I had your job at 16 :) Heck I wish they made anything good RC when I was 16 :oops:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13