DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Top of Imittos mountain, Antenna Park and abandoned building

Tasos GR

Reactions
Hymettus is a mountain that undoubtedly hides many secrets. It is so close to the urban fabric but at the same time so far from our daily lives.
Maybe the fact of access ban due to military bases after sunset is also to blame, but it is also a mountain for hiking enthusiasts in particular.
Of interest is an enigmatic building full of transmitters and receivers located next to the antenna complex, near the top of Mount Hymettus.
It is believed to be abandoned for many years and several theories have been written about it on the internet for its actual use.
Despite the devastation, it is interesting to know what its usefulness could have been, as there are many military installations and antenna complexes next door.
So far and after many years of searching by investigators, no one has answered with certainty and proof the question of the origin of this building.
Almost every wall is painted with graffiti of all kinds.
It is also interesting because there are still locked doors, which seem to be maintained and there is still functional equipment inside.
Strange transceivers, antennas, wiring and other equipment are everywhere outside and inside the building.
The building, over the years, has received many visitors, couples, graffiti artists, researchers and others .... more strange, as there are reports of Satanist ceremonies inside the building and outside, in the wider area of Hymettus.

Hymettus is a mountain that undoubtedly hides many secrets. It is so close to the urban fabric but at the same time so far from our daily lives.
Hi Tasos,
that seems to be a very interesting place and history! I love such abandoned areas! I like the clouds almost "touching" the Mountain!
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed to watch your video ?
cheers Paul

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Tasos GR
Some of that graffiti shows considerable skill. In a way it is a pity it is wasted where only a few will see it.

• Love
Maybe the fact of access ban due to military bases after sunset is also to blame, but it is also a mountain for hiking enthusiasts in particular.
Of interest is an enigmatic building full of transmitters and receivers located next to the antenna complex, near the top of Mount Hymettus.
It is believed to be abandoned for many years and several theories have been written about it on the internet for its actual use.
Despite the devastation, it is interesting to know what its usefulness could have been, as there are many military installations and antenna complexes next door.
So far and after many years of searching by investigators, no one has answered with certainty and proof the question of the origin of this building.
Almost every wall is painted with graffiti of all kinds.
It is also interesting because there are still locked doors, which seem to be maintained and there is still functional equipment inside.
Strange transceivers, antennas, wiring and other equipment are everywhere outside and inside the building.
The building, over the years, has received many visitors, couples, graffiti artists, researchers and others .... more strange, as there are reports of Satanist ceremonies inside the building and outside, in the wider area of Hymettus.

Tasos GHR:

Well, I for one, absolutely loved this film. It was well produced, expertly filmed, made use of many media, and edited perfectly. The entire film was haunting, and the graffiti was expertly portrayed. Cannot decide my favorite scenes but I really liked the moving out and moving into the building with the drone (I guess). I am guessing that you also used a Go Pro or Osmo Mobile or Osmo Action camera for the road scenes. I can really imaging this site as a great set for a mystery film. The final chase scene would revolve around moving from room to room.

All in all, one of the most entertaining and enjoyable film on the forum today if not for this week!

Dale
Miami

• Love
Hi Tasos,
that seems to be a very interesting place and history! I love such abandoned areas! I like the clouds almost "touching" the Mountain!
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed to watch your video ?
cheers Paul
Thank you so much my friend Paul. I'm glad you enjoyed it! ?

Some of that graffiti shows considerable skill. In a way it is a pity it is wasted where only a few will see it.
Indeed! Thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed it! ?

Tasos GHR:

Well, I for one, absolutely loved this film. It was well produced, expertly filmed, made use of many media, and edited perfectly. The entire film was haunting, and the graffiti was expertly portrayed. Cannot decide my favorite scenes but I really liked the moving out and moving into the building with the drone (I guess). I am guessing that you also used a Go Pro or Osmo Mobile or Osmo Action camera for the road scenes. I can really imaging this site as a great set for a mystery film. The final chase scene would revolve around moving from room to room.

All in all, one of the most entertaining and enjoyable film on the forum today if not for this week!

Dale
Miami
All the ground shots were taken with Gopro 9, aerial with Mavic 2 pro. Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed it! ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy